Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Notifications bar disappeared on lock screen after updating 4.4.2 - please help

The notifications bar on my lock screen has disappeared after i updated to 4.4.2. Don't know if this a feature of Kit Kat or not. Its very annoying as I have to unlock the phone to see if i have any messages, please help me if there is a fix

Default Re: Notifications bar disappeared on lock screen after updating 4.4.2 - please help

I have the same problem as well on my galaxy s3 after updating the firmware...

the icons are there. but the lock screen makes it impossible to see.
    Notifications bar disappeared on lock screen after updating 4.4.2 - please help-hoxbl5n.png

when unlocked the little black highlight bar comes back...
    Notifications bar disappeared on lock screen after updating 4.4.2 - please help-2zgfbi6.png

how can i fix this without changing my background. seems like a really stupid change.

Default Re: Notifications bar disappeared on lock screen after updating 4.4.2 - please help

My mother had the same issue on a Galexy Mega 4. If you try to manually open the notifications with the menu, you'll get a "unfortunatelly blank.blank is not running" error. Rebooted the phone and now it works.