Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else having issues with Google maps / Note 2 being totally laggy and battery hog???

I used to love my Note 2! But now just want to throw as far as I can against the wall!! I was out tonight depending on google maps to get me where I needed to go, and it failed me with a Capital F!!! After the Kit kat update google maps has just froze....so I have never updated google maps per this awesome community here! So thought to self as I am totally lost lets update cuz it needs to be in sync with Kit kat! Well that just made it worse! HELP I so need a map app that works! What is anyone else using instead of Google Maps??? Is anyone experiencing lagginess and battery drain! I so can't wait for the note 4 or may just crave in and get LG G3! Sorry for all my rants but top of needs is a map app that works since Google is so unreliable!
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone else having issues with Google maps / Note 2 being totally laggy and battery hog???

Quote Originally Posted by delynnie View Post
    I used to love my Note 2! But now just want to throw as far as I can against the wall!! I was out tonight depending on google maps to get me where I needed to go, and it failed me with a Capital F!!! After the Kit kat update google maps has just froze....so I have never updated google maps per this awesome community here! So thought to self as I am totally lost lets update cuz it needs to be in sync with Kit kat! Well that just made it worse! HELP I so need a map app that works! What is anyone else using instead of Google Maps??? Is anyone experiencing lagginess and battery drain! I so can't wait for the note 4 or may just crave in and get LG G3! Sorry for all my rants but top of needs is a map app that works since Google is so unreliable!

Well, that's just disgusting !! I have heard over the forums that with the KitKat update there are a number of bugs which is needed to be taken care of !! I am sure you are not the only one experiecing problems with the maps over the KitKat I would say you have to bear with it unless google fix it ! I am sure their developers have started working over the, you can expect a bug fix of the Google Maps application !!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone else having issues with Google maps / Note 2 being totally laggy and battery hog???

I'm having serious lagging gps locking. Took 30 minutes to find location the other day and I really needed it. Anybody have any fixes yet?

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 11/08 Nightly

I am having the same GPS issues. Some times it locks quickly, like 30 seconds, and other times it can take 10 minutes. I noticed that when I turn off and on the GPS it locks then, but obviously don't want to do that every time. Hopefully they fix it soon.

I have a note 2 and I totally understand you.
    My phone was perfect until the upgrade. Now it lags all the time and the google map doesn't work most of the time and I hate it.

I'm going to change to galaxy s5 or something else. Not going to use the notes anymore. Can't wait till I get a new one.

I'm trying to figure out what the accuracy is in Google Maps. I know a long time ago it would say how accurate it was (7 meters, etc) but I can't find that now. Also, I see a large blue transparent circle around the blue dot, which I THINK means the accuracy is somewhat lower than ideal. Someone please explain.
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2

Actually, you SHOULD update Google maps. The latest version makes things quicker, the old version was very slow and unreliable. I now have a Note 3 with the latest Google Maps version installed, and it's noticeably better and faster than before. Plus the new version of Google Maps offers lane assistance for taking exits off freeways. I find this very helpful, as I'm used to lane assistance on my Garmin standalone GPS device. I used to resist updating Google Maps/Navigation, but the latest version is a keeper. What is STILL frustrating for me though is that sometimes while driving, Google Maps (Navigation) will simply quit and exit for no reason whatsoever. Frustrating. Another very strange thing is that Google Maps will give me weird re-directing instructions for no good reason, but will then go back to its original course a few seconds later. I find that annoying.

Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?