Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why does new GPS/Location on Kitkat require me to "Agree" twice now??

Hi all,

Before Kitkat it was great because I could just hit GPS once and it would be activated. I wouldn't have to go through 2 more "Agree" screens.

Does anyone know why they went back to the nag screens? Is there any way to change that? (No, I don't want to root either).

Thanks everyone...

Default Re: Why does new GPS/Location on Kitkat require me to "Agree" twice now??

What do you mean "GPS"?
    Do you mean to tell me that I can make a phone call on this thing?!!!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Talking Re: Why does new GPS/Location on Kitkat require me to "Agree" twice now??

In the dropdown menu next to the WiFi button. It used to say GPS. Now it says Location.

I assume it's the same as the old GPS button.

Default Re: Why does new GPS/Location on Kitkat require me to "Agree" twice now??

Once it's on you shouldn't have to activate it again.
    Do you mean to tell me that I can make a phone call on this thing?!!!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by N2myN2 View Post
    Once it's on you shouldn't have to activate it again.
    Thanks, yes I know that.

But since I don't need GPS 24/7, I like to have it off so it doesn't eat up my battery. Plus, I used Tasker so all I had to do it click one icon to start gps and select destination.

I noticed that too after the Kit Kat update. I long pressed that button and it gves you the option to select more general location option as opposed to exact location in order to save the battery. I used to keep mine off most of the time but i think with the latest update it seems to use more battery if you turn it off compleatly as I think some apps need it on to work correctly.