Camera and Gallery Not Working

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

Running into an issue that I can't seem to find too many reports of so here I am. I have a Note 2, Verizon, Kit Kat, just factory reset. My camera and gallery aren't responding. I had this problem with my GSIII and bought a Note 2 off CL. Phone works well but I can't take pictures or access my gallery.

Camera opens and gets stuck on the default welcome screen. Gallery mostly won't do anything when i press it. Just freezes the screen and sometimes opens but never loads any pictures and force closes.

Tried clearing the cache in safe mode but that didn't work. I tried clearing the cache in Settings>Apps>etc but it just says processing and never finishes.

Not really sure what to do, play store is also acting up and not installing/taking forever to dl apps

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
cleared recovery cache and the camera's back but still no gallery. i've got like 455 photos from when android consolidated 2 albums into one, could it just be crashing the app?

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Okay so after resetting all the settings and even performing a hard reset I've come to assume it can only be the SD card. Must have been a corrupt file in my gallery that was causing a bunch of issues. I formatted the SD card and it began to function like normal. Now have a brand new one installed just in case. Phone's running fine

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay so after resetting all the settings and even performing a hard reset I've come to assume it can only be the SD card. Must have been a corrupt file in my gallery that was causing a bunch of issues. I formatted the SD card and it began to function like normal. Now have a brand new one installed just in case. Phone's running fine

Good to hear. Thanks for the follow up.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome