Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mobile Network Not Available

Okay, I'm HIGHLY frustrated right now. My phone stopped working properly and for no apparent reason. I can use my data, send multimedia messages and text messages, but EVERY time I try to make a phone call, I get the following message: "Mobile Network Not Available."

I took it to a small Verizon kiosk and they didn't know what to do with it.

I've checked the antenna and internal components, and everything's perfectly intact (which it would have to be to accept data/MMS).

I checked the mobile network and it says that I'm under CDMA/LET/EVDO (rather than global - which many people tell me to check).

What the heck else could it be?! UGH

Default Re: Mobile Network Not Available

Have you tried powering off the phone, even pull the battery and SIM card for a few minutes? That will ensure the phone reprovisions itself on the network. If still an issue may be a problem with the SIM card. Contact Verizon for further troubleshooting and/or to get a new SIM card.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've completely disassembled every component of the phone itself and put it all back together to no avail :/ They said at the Verizon place, that if my phone could get texts and/or use data, that my SIM was still good.

Mobile network should not be needed to make phone calls (they go over the basic 1x CDMA network). I'd contact Verizon directly to help troubleshoot. Otherwise I'm not sure what could be causing the issue (sorry).