Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 11/08 Nightly

Default Hotspot Widget that works

I have tried using various hotspot widgets so I don't have to go in to settings to make turn on my hotspot, but so far none have worked. When I tap on the widget it shows as it is turning and the phone says that it is checking subscription, it turns on and then right back off. Yet if I do it directly from the settings it works okay. Does anyone know of a widget that they are using currently that does work on the phone? Thanks.

Default Re: Hotspot Widget that works

So far the only one that works for me is the verizon hotspot app

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Do you actually subscribe to the hospot service, or are you using an app to get around it?
    Thanked by:
    fcjr77 

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

FoxFi seems to work.
    Thanked by:
    fcjr77 

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eth555 View Post
    FoxFi seems to work.
    That's what I was going to suggest. Even with Kit Kat FoxFi still works. It has a few extra steps you have to follow to get it to work, but it works like a charm once it's fired up.
    Thanked by:
    fcjr77 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 11/08 Nightly

I am able to use my hotspot feature when I click on it in the settings. I just was looking for a widget that actually allowed me to turn it on from my homescreen and not have to go in to the settings to turn it on. The Verizon hotspot app still has me open and turn it on. So far every widget that I use works some times and some times it doesn't. I don't know if it is a phone issue or what. Does Foxfi have a widget or is it just an app? I looked for it but I only see one that says that it is for Sprint and AT&T. I guess I am just looking for one that will work every time without me having to open the settings.

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

I had a problem with this too. I was able to get the shortcut on my screen using nova launcher.

My hotspot works fine without any type of subscription. Is a subscription required? If so it must be in my contract and I never noticed it. Not hard to do with your typical cell contract. I've seen smaller novels.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 Android phone on a keyboard that waaayyy too small (or my thumbs are waaayyy too big).

I have had this same problem for a while now. My phone is supplied by my work (Verizon is the carrier) and I have unlimited data and use the hotspot pretty much everyday. After an update a while back on the Samsung S3 all hotspot widgets stopped working. A few weeks ago I received a new S5, so I tried all of the same widgets again. All six I tired did not work. They would turn on and then off right away. Today I was playing around on the phone again and changed the notification bar by taking off the "car mode" and then adding the "s finder." Not sure what else changed but now the hotspot toggle works. The reason I bring up this seemingly unrelated change is I tried two of the hotspot widgets and immediately after I changed the notification bar. I then tried another widget (that had been previously not working) and it turned on. But I do have to say it only works for me if WIFI is already on, it won't if WIFI is off.