Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Galaxy Note II Bricked?

I was trying to update my Verizon Note 2 (SCH-i605) from 4.1.1 to KitKat. Unfortunately, my boot loader was locked and now all I get is a 'System software not authorized by Verizon...' screen at boot. I've try several tutorials using Odin to restore stock but nothing works. Has anyone else had trouble doing this? Is my phone permanently bricked?

Default Re: Verizon Galaxy Note II Bricked?

Not sure if you can flash an older stock version if your phone actually took the newer KitKat version and then got stuck. But see this thread for more info: [How to][VZW GNote2] Return to 100% Stock updated 5-12-13

Or this one if you're interested in a stock rooted ROM: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies and try again
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Verizon Galaxy Note II Bricked?

Thanks Synycalwon. I got it back up and running. It seemed the problem was trying to flash back to stock with a rooted version. When I used the unrooted, it worked fine.