Battery question

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

So I have had my Note 2 since a month before launch. I did get a refurbished one under warranty 6 months ago. Out of nowhere the phone would just freeze in the screen off position. I called support enough they sent me a replacement free of charge. So now that I essentially have a new phone (Runs great) I would like to get a battery to bring it back to the beginning days of 20+ hours of moderate use. I am currently down to 13 hours before needing the charger. I laugh because my Thunderbolt never saw 13 hours when new and on standby HAHAHA. So anyway, onto my question. I want to get a new battery for the phone. I want something that doesn't need a different cover. I don't want to spend a lot. And I would also like it to be from a Amazon Prime seller. I know I can get the OEM battery for around $9 up to $20. Are there other brands and bigger capacities that I should look at? Or just go for the original? I don't want to get extended if the back of the original case doesn't fit.

Thanks,
Brandon

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Once you go with a bigger capacity, you would have to get a different back plate. I would get several OEM batteries if you don't want to mess around with a new plate.

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yea. I figured as much. Think I'll just get one. I have gone 2 years using one and its just starting to get old. Went from 20+ hours to 13ish. Still not bad. So I can get one oem and keep my original as backup if needed.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Keep it above 40% charge. Once it gets down to 40%, plug it in. That'll prolong the life. (I have some 10 year old batteries that still give me about 95% capacity.)

2. I like Anker. They're an Amazon seller. If you get the 2 battery and charger combo, you can charge both batteries at the same time, so if you get down to 40% and swap batteries, then get down to 40% on that one, both of them get charged over night. They're normally about $25 for the combo.