Battery charger & stand on Amazon

JGR4444

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
would be nice if it charged the phone as well, or if there was something available like this that just charged the phone like a dock. Dont really care for the spare battery charging capability.

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Im wondering if I actually need to get the HDTV Adapter when I can just get the tip. Kinda sucks you have to plug in another usb to charge it...

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
would be nice if it charged the phone as well, or if there was something available like this that just charged the phone like a dock. Dont really care for the spare battery charging capability.

Y'know, I was thinking that yesterday too. Several BlackBerry lines had cradles that would accomplish this. And then I thought... hm. BlackBerrys* took about 8-10 minutes to come back on if you need to swap out the battery. So, keeping it charged was a necessity. If you had to use the spare, that would inconvenience you. Some people needed to bring a spare, though.

Now with these Android phones, power cycle turnaround is maybe 3 minutes?** That's really not bad at all. So having the extra battery becomes the convenience. I think I'd rather keep the instant grab-and-go of the phone, without having to unplug and put wear on the port. Then if/when I get low on juice, grab the spare, pop the old battery in, and put the fresh battery in while I'm walking away.

My two cents.

*yeah. it's a brand name. that's the right way to pluralize it.

**Depending on your device, blah blah, legalese-style disclaimers and such.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63