Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Screen Protector

Yup.. Have it on my Gnex, wife's Tbolt and ordered for the SG3

Quote Originally Posted by 9ks2k View Post
    How thick is Steinheil
    Plenty thick. It's almost like a tough layer of plastic when you first hold it, but it's still completely invisible once applied. In terms of screen protectors it's the closest thing you'll experience to the phone's naked glass. You won't regret it if you buy one. It's only 13 bucks or so with free shipping from their ebay store, and that gets you two shields so you can replace one later on if you have to swap your S3 for some reason down the road. And it only takes like 3 minutes to apply yourself.

If you want a screen protector then just do it, you won't regret it
    Thanked by:
    9ks2k 

Quote Originally Posted by biff6789 View Post
    Plenty thick. It's almost like a tough layer of plastic when you first hold it, but it's still completely invisible once applied. In terms of screen protectors it's the closest thing you'll experience to the phone's naked glass. You won't regret it if you buy one. It's only 13 bucks or so with free shipping from their ebay store, and that gets you two shields so you can replace one later on if you have to swap your S3 for some reason down the road. And it only takes like 3 minutes to apply yourself.

If you want a screen protector then just do it, you won't regret it
    Do u find that it goes on easy or tricky? .... I have seen difference in the brands. Never tried this brand.

Quote Originally Posted by NIKSTORM View Post
    Do u find that it goes on easy or tricky? .... I have seen difference in the brands. Never tried this brand.
    Very easy. It's a dry install so you just line it up with the screen, lay it on, then use the little squeegie to push any air bubbles. Literally takes 2 minutes and you're done.

Global Posts
    7,721 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Steinheil has got various vids of applying the screen protector on their website,showing
    some tips that may help ya .
    Junkie

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
    Screen protectors are from the old days of smartphones. You don't need them anymore. But if you must, like the others here, I would recommend the Steinheil Ultra - almost like not even having one on.

I run naked, but that is just how I roll....
    I agree. I have been really tough on my DX. Always in my pocket with keys, coins, lighters, even my botttle opener :-). Not one scratch on the thing. I do have some dents on the corners of the device from dropping it, but the screen is flawless. I don't think screen protectors are needed.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

I bought the SGP Ultra Clear but after reading more on the forums, I went ahead and ordered the SGP Ultra Nano Clear last night. Hopefully I will have it in my hands when my phone arrives.
    Pretty good member

Wonder if anyone will come out with a screen protector to cover the purplish bezel? Also need something to cover the purplish home button!

Hrm, take a look at ArmorSuit from Amazon. They have a youtube video which is really helpful. Good luck on your search!

Very easy. It's a dry install so you just line it up with the screen, lay it on, then use the little squeegie to push any air bubbles. Literally takes 2 minutes and you're done.
    I'm terrible at putting on screen protectors. How do you guys line up the screen with the phone without having to make adjustments to get it aligned? I always seem to get fingerprints underneath?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Just want to bump this up. Now that people have them in hand, is there any feedback on the Ultra Nano or the Rearth? I need to order one of the two today, assuming I will get my S3 sometime next week.

Quote Originally Posted by VicVinegar View Post
    Just want to bump this up. Now that people have them in hand, is there any feedback on the Ultra Nano or the Rearth? I need to order one of the two today, assuming I will get my S3 sometime next week.

You may wanna check out their new product:
    SGP just came out with what they call "Curved Crystal" for preorder , specifically for GS III

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Curved Crystal - GALAXY S3 - Samsung - Cell Phones
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

I've decided to go without a screen protector and only use a TPU case for protection. Gorilla glass is pretty impervious to scratches and I've always been careful with my phones.

If you look at the picture on the bottom where someone shows it actually on their phone.. looks like some they had a few complaints about it.. but most of the reviews are good

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybee View Post
    You may wanna check out their new product:
    SGP just came out with what they call "Curved Crystal" for preorder , specifically for GS III

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Curved Crystal - GALAXY S3 - Samsung - Cell Phones
    Anyone getting this? I'd like a review.. Ive had my rezound for 6 months and no protector,, no scratches but I also use a holster all the time so the face is pretty protected.. only thing I wonder is if a protector would help with the glare outside in the sunshine.. I'll wait til the new s3 is in hand before deciding on a protector or not
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Quote Originally Posted by dillon24 View Post
    Anyone getting this? I'd like a review.. Ive had my rezound for 6 months and no protector,, no scratches but I also use a holster all the time so the face is pretty protected.. only thing I wonder is if a protector would help with the glare outside in the sunshine.. I'll wait til the new s3 is in hand before deciding on a protector or not
    It isn't out yet. Just preorder. I think it said another couple weeks until they ship.

I've seen quite a few good things said about the Ultra Nano FWIW. I'm leaning towards a case like the Trident Aegis, so I am not worried about the edges being exposed.

The negative comments about the Rearth on Amazon appear to be people who didn't realize they don't go to the edge.

Figures, my luck doing the research to find the best screen protector and order the SPG ultra nano clear and now I see they have a new SPG curved crystal...guess I will wait for the reviews of this new one. I have a TBolt and have used Zagg Invisishields and they do have drawbacks like orange peel, lifting edges and they are a skin oil magnet. No more Zagg's for me.

With the gorilla glass 2 you don't need a protector. Its like the screen has 4 layers of protection built in. You almost can't scratch it. Go to a sprint store and try it

Swyped from my Evo 4G using Sprint Lovers ROM and Tapatalk.

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

If you want to go with a screen protector, choose wisely. Some cloud up the display while others have an "orange peel" texture to them.

Steinheils are the best; just ask around and a lot of people here will agree. Their ultra crystal version is completely invisible, strong, and feels like the naked glass on the phone to your finger:

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Series - GALAXY S3 - Samsung - Cell Phones
    Agreed. Only screen protectors I use.

From my GS3.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I just had teh Zagg IS HD installed. Works and feels pretty good to the touch of my finger! Also if you hate installing it...Just have your local best buy rep do it! They seem to do a good job.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    I just had teh Zagg IS HD installed. Works and feels pretty good to the touch of my finger! Also if you hate installing it...Just have your local best buy rep do it! They seem to do a good job.
    Just installed one too, the HD ones are a big improvement over the old Zagg shields
    cgardnervt likes this.

hmm has anyone heard of xoskins screen protectotrs? My roommate has one and I am thinking about trying it out. Any sugesstions?

I put Ghost Armor on mine yesterday and I love it (Clear in the front and Matte in the back). I would seriously recommend Ghost Armor. I've had it on my iPad, Pre Plus, and now my GS3.

The matte finish on my white gs3 makes it not look at shiny and plasticy.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Well I screwed up the Diztronic one I was at least going to try out until the SGP arrived, so I can't comment on that. Seemed decent though.

SGP Nano is nice. It is tacky at first but seems to be improving.

Which specific SPIGEN protector? They have a Nano Clear, Nano Optics, and FlexHD.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast