Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Screen Protector

I admit, I haven't taken off the piece of protective plastic off the cover of the phone it shipped with and well.....

It's better than any screen protector I've ever had on a phone. LOL

Yeah, I have to wipe it, but for not being a real screen protector, it's better than any I've ever bought in a Verizon store.

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by biff6789 View Post
    If you want to go with a screen protector, choose wisely. Some cloud up the display while others have an "orange peel" texture to them.

Steinheils are the best; just ask around and a lot of people here will agree. Their ultra crystal version is completely invisible, strong, and feels like the naked glass on the phone to your finger:

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Series - GALAXY S3 - Samsung - Cell Phones
    I just bought one. I hope i don't mess up putting it on lol
    Love Droid

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dillon24 View Post
    Anyone getting this? I'd like a review.. Ive had my rezound for 6 months and no protector,, no scratches but I also use a holster all the time so the face is pretty protected.. only thing I wonder is if a protector would help with the glare outside in the sunshine.. I'll wait til the new s3 is in hand before deciding on a protector or not
    I didn't keep one on any of my phones for a while. But I am getting one this time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Im using the screen protector that came with the Rearthe Ringke slim lite case and its been pretty good so far. Only problem is, it literally only covrrs the screen. Found out my buddy works for spigen so i will be testing out some of their screen protectors in the very near future.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

LOVE the Ultra Nano!

It's crystal clear and no fingerprints.

ROM
    Debloated/Deodexed Froyo

Hey i just ordered a Skinomi TechSkin screen protector. reviews on it seemed good, its not like others i have used in the past. it comes with a spray bottle to spray on the protector and apply it, kind of reminds me of tinting windows. ill update yall when it arrives and i install it.

I got the one from verizon. Yeah, it is kinda a rip off, but they installed it free (well at no extra charge at least). I could never install screen protectors without some bubbles.

I'm a big fan of Bestskinsever - no orange peel effect, cutouts perfectly positioned and at $7, a lot cheaper than some of the others out there. they're not available for all devices, but was glad they made one for the S3

Quote Originally Posted by VicVinegar View Post
    Well I screwed up the Diztronic one I was at least going to try out until the SGP arrived, so I can't comment on that. Seemed decent though.

SGP Nano is nice. It is tacky at first but seems to be improving.
    "tacky at first"? just about to order this after all the good reviews but this concerns me a bit. Is this tackiness just from removing the cover off the front of the screen protector and goes away with use or by the microfiber cloth? thx!!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  

Quote Originally Posted by cynbad View Post
    "tacky at first"? just about to order this after all the good reviews but this concerns me a bit. Is this tackiness just from removing the cover off the front of the screen protector and goes away with use or by the microfiber cloth? thx!!
    Tacky is the best way I can describe it. Probably just some residue from the cover. I didn't try wiping it with the cloth, but just using it a little bit had it going away. Nice and smooth after a couple hours. Microfiber might have sped it up.

I've never used a screen protector before, but I decided to try the Spectre screen protector from xgearlive.com. It's made of tempered glass! I can't really say if its any good or not, because its only pre-order, right now. Kind of pricey too, at $29

Quote Originally Posted by VicVinegar View Post
    Tacky is the best way I can describe it. Probably just some residue from the cover. I didn't try wiping it with the cloth, but just using it a little bit had it going away. Nice and smooth after a couple hours. Microfiber might have sped it up.

thats what I was hoping! I'm ordering it today! thx for the quick reply!!

Is anyone having trouble with N7 touch response when using a screen protector? For me, touch response was perfect before I put on a screen protector and just as perfect after I took it off, but with it on it was terrrible! Had to touch and hold for a long second for it to even recognize. Other activities were fruitless. For instance, I couldn't play Angry Birds -- it would release the bird before I could lift my finger off the screen.
    I finally just peeled the screen protector off and now I'm running bare glass again.
    The screen protector I was using is ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD. I have this on my Toshiba Thrive and it works great, so I'm thinking it's an N7 problem.

Just had my ultra nano clear screen protector put on...I'm horrible at it.. and wow!! You have to look close to see if it's on!! Thx for all the info I find on ac!!

Last edited by cynbad; 07-25-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Hmm, I was thinking of getting the Steinheil Ultra Crystal cuz I'm hearing a lot of good things about it but I'm also interested in their Curved Crystal? It's supposed to be curved so it's supposed to be a perfect fit for your phone. Or is the ultra crystal just as good? I need a good protector NOW and I don't know if I can wait for the curved crystal to be available. Any recommendations??

I am also using the nano clear from spg and they are awesome! Super clear the only problem I found it extremely hard to put on... I went threw all 3 before I almost got it perfect its super hard to line up. But it feels like glass and doesn't mess up the vision which I love.

Vzw Staff

Global Posts
    429 Global Posts

While waiting for my Nano clear to get here I was willing to try out the new Zagg line. Personal view to anyone thinking on it DO NOT and here is why

1. They now have the Zagg logo built into the screen protector and if you happen to get one with it not all the way in right corner it shows on the screens actual display. Took 3 from best buy before I got one with logo in right area (Horrible choice on Zagg part)

2. With glass being curved if you do not get the alignment PERFECT one side will peel on the top edge. Not worth it even if I picked one up online for 10$ and obviously I paid 30$ at bestbuy

So coming from someone who has used Zagg on Incredible / INC 2 / Fascinate / Thunderbolt / Rezound I hope you can respect that if I am switching companies there is obviously issues with the screen protector. Sure some people will get lucky and get good print on the logo and lined up perfectly, but for me NOT WORTH the hassle, cost and time!
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just my two cents - I noticed a small scratch on my screen yesterday while I was at the mall. It doesn't have any effect on screen visibility, but I want this thing to last!

I bought the flip cover.
    I LOVE my flip cover. Screen is protected, and not interfered with. Yeah, the only PITA is using the camera but c'est la vie.
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10

I have the zagg hd (same as the regular version minus most of the orange peel effect) version of the screen protector on my S3 installed at best buy the guy did an excellent job with the installation. I honestly don't think I could have done a better job. I also have been examining my phone after reading this thread and i do not see a zagg logo anywhere. I just had it put on yesterday. I guess i just got lucky.

Has anyone been using any of the several varieties of Steinheil protectors (for the SGS3)? There are so many choices. I know the "Curved Crystal" isn't out yet, and probably wouldn't get that one, since from what I've been able to find out online, it may not fit under my case well (just using a plain, belkin silicone cover, and really like it). Currently using the Verizon protector. Really smears with finger oil and facial make-up oil. I want something that is clear and resists oil, as well as being protective and touch-screen sensitive. I am thinking Steinheil, and it looks like the "Ultra Nano Clear" may be a good compromise. But I haven't used any of their protectors before. Anybody use the "Ultra Nano Optics" one? Anyone have experience with the various kinds? Any info would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by walkingrock View Post
    Has anyone been using any of the several varieties of Steinheil protectors (for the SGS3)? There are so many choices. I know the "Curved Crystal" isn't out yet, and probably wouldn't get that one, since from what I've been able to find out online, it may not fit under my case well (just using a plain, belkin silicone cover, and really like it). Currently using the Verizon protector. Really smears with finger oil and facial make-up oil. I want something that is clear and resists oil, as well as being protective and touch-screen sensitive. I am thinking Steinheil, and it looks like the "Ultra Nano Clear" may be a good compromise. But I haven't used any of their protectors before. Anybody use the "Ultra Nano Optics" one? Anyone have experience with the various kinds? Any info would be appreciated!
    I have the nano clear and it is the best I've used. A little thinner than their ultra crystal but much easier to apply as it seems more tolerant to small dust getting caught under it. It is also much more resistant to smears than anything I've used in the past. Clarity is non issue as I can hardly tell it is there.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

First time Steinheil user here. I ordered the nano clear solely by all the positive reviews in this forum. Had it on since last week and it's gorgeous! Honestly can't tell it's there and my fingers glide over it. Great choice for me!!

Thanked by:

+1 for ultra Nano Clear.

Very smudge resistant. Crystal clear.

Thanked by:

ROM
    Community Rom 2.0

Will be getting my ultra nano clear tomorrow

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast