Like Tree35Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

Default Re: The Official Galaxy S3 Kickstand Case Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    nice looking case. is there a pic of it on a pebble blue?
    I haven't found one. I emailed them to see if they're going to make a black case and haven't heard back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rage151 View Post
    I haven't found one. I emailed them to see if they're going to make a black case and haven't heard back yet.
    It looks like the seidio active case gives better protection but doesn't look as good to me. Hard choice.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

It looks like the seidio active case gives better protection but doesn't look as good to me. Hard choice.
    Yeah, it will be hard choice. Seems like I remember seeing a Seidio and if I remember correctly, the kickstand was flimsy in that it was loose. I think the stand is metal, but loose and not spring loaded or anything. Honestly though, I cannot remember enough about it to go one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by greentaloy View Post
    Rock Quicksand Galaxy s3 case is popular in market,is it an original case made by Samsung or anyone know who is the manufacturer... ? thanks!
    and it has a kickstand? i didn't see it, at least from what i could find.

I made a comment earlier in this thread about getting to cheap of a case .... I had mentioned that $3 was a little cheap when talking about a $200 phone ( not to mention such a big part of out lives now ).
    In my mind I was thinking $10-$20 maybe $25. Then I look at the case-mate link provided above and they have a $40 case with no kick stand .... WTF is that about ? I

Quote Originally Posted by NIKSTORM View Post
    I made a comment earlier in this thread about getting to cheap of a case .... I had mentioned that $3 was a little cheap when talking about a $200 phone ( not to mention such a big part of out lives now ).
    In my mind I was thinking $10-$20 maybe $25. Then I look at the case-mate link provided above and they have a $40 case with no kick stand .... WTF is that about ? I
    The $35 case mate one has a kickstand.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

Here is a little more info on the Seidio kickstand case. It's on an S2, but shows the case nicely.

The $35 case mate one has a kickstand.
    For $35 the kick stand better be made of silver .... There is one on the site for $40 its called brushed aluminium.

I'm gonna get a tpu case to start out and then look for a kick stand that gets really good reviews from the AC membership after the phones arrive and have been tests out.

Here is a little more info on the Seidio kickstand case. It's on an S2, but shows the case nicely.

Any personal feelings on the belt clip ?
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

A guy on xda had good things to say about the case mate kickstand case. But every online review has commented on how flimsy the kickstand is. IDK, for 35 bucks it better be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    Ordered this one from . Feels like the whole thing might snap in half or shatter if you drop it but can't complain for only $3.99. Also have the shell/holster combo coming from verizon if they ever decide to ship the phone.

This case feels great. Obviously I don't have the phone yet but I can definitely tell it will be a perfect fit and it doesn't feel cheap. The sides of the case is tpu.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

Any personal feelings on the belt clip ?
    I didn't know this case has a belt clip... Did I miss something?

I didn't know this case has a belt clip... Did I miss something?
    I'm pretty sure that on that youtube review that was posted in the link the reviewer stated that there was also a belt clip that you could buy. He then said that it would be cheaper if ordered in the bundle.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

I'm pretty sure that on that youtube review that was posted in the link the reviewer stated that there was also a belt clip that you could buy. He then said that it would be cheaper if ordered in the bundle.
    Ok, gotcha. Must have missed that part. I'm a pocket carrier. No belt clips for me.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Un-rooted

Is it safe to assume that the Verizon SGH-I535 is the same size as the other overseas versions GT-I9300, etc..

I see some cases online but they list only Samsung I9300. I've been burned by buying a extended battery for my Nexus only to find out it was for the non-CDMA version.

EDIT: According to the wikipedia page for the GS3 all versions are the same Dimensions.

Ok, gotcha. Must have missed that part. I'm a pocket carrier. No belt clips for me.
    I'm a pocket carrier also, but I do have a few situations at work where a clip would be good .... If at the right price point ... However if members said it was prime to falling out deal off ...

Quote Originally Posted by spun2u View Post
    Is it safe to assume that the Verizon SGH-I535 is the same size as the other overseas versions GT-I9300, etc..

I see some cases online but they list only Samsung I9300. I've been burned by buying a extended battery for my Nexus only to find out it was for the non-CDMA version.

EDIT: According to the wikipedia page for the GS3 all versions are the same Dimensions.
    Phil said that they are all the same in one of the reviews.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

Found another. It's a hard case (I'm partial to TPU)...

Heres another one that looks pretty sturdy for only $15 - Amzer - and it has received a couple of good reviews. It looks like you can tap on the screen and not worry about the stand falling over.

The Official Galaxy S3 Kickstand Case Thread-94215-large.jpg
    black version

The Official Galaxy S3 Kickstand Case Thread-94216-large.jpg
    white version

Last edited by kiwiguy99; 06-30-2012 at 05:47 PM.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiguy99 View Post
    Heres another one that looks pretty sturdy for only $15 - Amzer - and it has received a couple of good reviews.

Attachment 29107

I think I like this case. Looks really sturdy and dependable. Might be a little bulky though. Wish there was more pictures of it...

Here is a fairly inexpensive case with kickstand.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...idcentral00-20
    Google is "Skynet". I know that one day my Android phone is going to turn into a robot and try to kill me, but I am o-k with that.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

The CrazyOnDigital TRAVELER at Amazon looks to be a holster with belt clip - no kickstand.

Quote Originally Posted by BigpappaJ View Post
    The Seido Actove case will indeed have a stand like many of there others now. They have a placeholder page for it with "Coming soon" ()

This will be the case for me. There cases are well build, and I've never had a problem with one.
    you can preorder the black one now with an estimated ship date of 7/3. other colors have no exact info yet.

Here's the same case/holster combo offered by Verizon but for $20 less.
    Thanked by:
    STBear likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    Here's the same case/holster combo offered by Verizon but for $20 less.
    Does the verizon one have the same texture on the back? I have not seen the verizon one for the s3, but on my rezound, the back texture is different than what is shown in the picture. Also, even if it is the same, it could be from a batch that didn't pass qc and was sold to a third party tor cheap. I would be more inclined to buy it if it were sold from a large proven reputable seller.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast