The Official Galaxy S3 Kickstand Case Thread

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Coming from an HTC Thunderbolt, I need a kickstand on my next phone - the S3 (pre-ordered).

There are many case threads here and in other forums, but finding much about kickstand cases in them is like a needle in a haystack. I haven't made the purchase yet, but will post links to the kickstand cases I found.

Please post a link of any kickstand cases you've found and hopefully a review with them.

ebay - Looks thick/bulky, but very sturdy and protective. MANY colors available.

Amazon Gel - Looks really nice! Not too bulky...I just question how sturdy the kickstand is.

Amazon Plastic - Looks really cheap. Maybe it's not a good picture? Wonder if it's flimsy too.

Reactions: Zeroox

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I have the Tbolt and hate the big a$$ kickstand. Too wide. It creates the hump in the back when you use the extended battery. Rarely use the kickstand. S3 will do just fine.

arkuti

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about the Seidio Active case. The one for the Galaxy S3 isn't out yet, but I assume it will be close to the one for the galaxy nexus, which includes a kickstand. Will definitely be a bulkier case, but I have used their products in the past and they hold up well.

seidioonline.com

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Ordered this one from ebay. Feels like the whole thing might snap in half or shatter if you drop it but can't complain for only $3.99. Also have the shell/holster combo coming from verizon if they ever decide to ship the phone.

IMG_20120620_201323.jpg

IMG_20120620_201348.jpg

IMG_20120620_201339.jpg

Reactions: hounddogdaddy

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about the Seidio Active case. The one for the Galaxy S3 isn't out yet, but I assume it will be close to the one for the galaxy nexus, which includes a kickstand. Will definitely be a bulkier case, but I have used their products in the past and they hold up well.

seidioonline.com
This case looks good! Doesn't look too bulky in the picture, maybe it's just the angle. Seidio makes good cases overall...

Ordered this one from ebay. Feels like the whole thing might snap in half or shatter if you drop it but can't complain for only $3.99. Also have the shell/holster combo coming from verizon if they ever decide to ship the phone.
Yeah, this case does look a little flimsy. Cheap though...

Here is somewhat of a review review of a case I like. Anyone else have this case?

Binder clips and plungers are good. Waiting for some good carbon fiber ones.

Last edited:

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Click to view quoted image

Just ordered one for only one reason, I will use it on flights for the kickstand only. I rock my phones commando style especially now that I am getting best buy insurance if anything happens it is replacement time :)

Not sent from my Pre-Ordered Galaxy S3 as it is currently busy being taken to court by Apple, whose motto must now be "Don't innovate, just litigate"!

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Coming from an HTC Thunderbolt, I need a kickstand on my next phone - the S3 (pre-ordered).

There are many case threads here and in other forums, but finding much about kickstand cases in them is like a needle in a haystack. I haven't made the purchase yet, but will post links to the kickstand cases I found.

Please post a link of any kickstand cases you've found and hopefully a review with them.

ebay - Looks thick/bulky, but very sturdy and protective. MANY colors available.

Amazon Gel - Looks really nice! Not too bulky...I just question how sturdy the kickstand is.

Amazon Plastic - Looks really cheap. Maybe it's not a good picture? Wonder if it's flimsy too.

I'm not feeling any of these cases, they all look on the cheap side .... As far as that $3 case goes.... Come on people ... This new beast is the Android flagship ... People are gonna come up to you and say " is that the Samsung iPhone ? Can I see it?" And then you gonna hand them your brand new baby in a $3 case?
The new Samsung iPhone deserves better.

* this post not intended to insult anyone who scraped together thier last penny to buy the phone and really needs to only spend a few bucks on a case.

** this post is intended to insult the drones out in our world that call all smart phones iphones.

*** this post is also intended as a joke, please Apple do not sue me

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the Tbolt and hate the big a$$ kickstand. Too wide. It creates the hump in the back when you use the extended battery. Rarely use the kickstand. S3 will do just fine.

Huh? The kickstand doesn't cause the hump, the extended battery (and door) do. Otherwise the kickstand is flush with the phone. Functionally, it's the best kickstand I've ever seen as it works portrait or landscape, both at the perfect angle. I use mine all the time, can't imagine not having it. It's become a requirement for my next phone (no cases, prefer naked)! :)

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Huh? The kickstand doesn't cause the hump, the extended battery (and door) do. Otherwise the kickstand is flush with the phone. Functionally, it's the best kickstand I've ever seen as it works portrait or landscape, both at the perfect angle. I use mine all the time, can't imagine not having it. It's become a requirement for my next phone (no cases, prefer naked)! :)

My feelings exactly.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm not feeling any of these cases, they all look on the cheap side .... As far as that $3 case goes.... Come on people ... This new beast is the Android flagship ... People are gonna come up to you and say " is that the Samsung iPhone ? Can I see it?" And then you gonna hand them your brand new baby in a $3 case?

Think most, including myself, bought it as a temporary solution until something better comes along.

BigpappaJ

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The Seido Actove case will indeed have a stand like many of there others now. They have a placeholder page for it with "Coming soon" (seidioonline.com)

This will be the case for me. There cases are well build, and I've never had a problem with one.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The Seido Actove case will indeed have a stand like many of there others now. They have a placeholder page for it with "Coming soon" (seidioonline.com)

This will be the case for me. There cases are well build, and I've never had a problem with one.

Looks like that may be the only legitimate option. Definitely gonna have to check that one out.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Looks like that may be the only legitimate option. Definitely gonna have to check that one out.

There is the official Verizon one that i posted a few days ago in a previous kickstand case thread. it doesn't give as much protection as the seidio but the Verizon one is much less bulky. guess, it depends on what you are looking for. the verizon one can be used in both horizontal and landscape, seidio one, i believe only landscape.

27914d1339805136-cases-kickstand-options-shell-holster-combo-kickstand.jpg

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-s-iii/180844-cases-kickstand-options.html

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yeah, that's the one I have on order with the phone from Verizon. I had the Shell/holster(no kickstand) on the Samsung Fascinate I had and never really had an issue with it but the Seido one looks a lot better especially with the metal (thunderbolt-esque) kickstand.