Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Default Re: The Official Galaxy S3 Kickstand Case Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Does the verizon one have the same texture on the back? I have not seen the verizon one for the s3, but on my rezound, the back texture is different than what is shown in the picture. Also, even if it is the same, it could be from a batch that didn't pass qc and was sold to a third party tor cheap. I would be more inclined to buy it if it were sold from a large proven reputable seller.
    We ordered similar cases for the torch 9850 at work and can't tell the difference between the overpriced verizon one and the ones we ordered from amazon for $8 shipped. There's also an amazon listing for $26.99 that is in Verizon packaging and the back does look a little different but I'm not seeing a reason someone should overpay Verizon if they're anything like the ones we use.at work.

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    We ordered similar cases for the torch 9850 at work and can't tell the difference between the overpriced verizon one and the ones we ordered from amazon for $8 shipped. There's also an amazon listing for $26.99 that is in Verizon packaging and the back does look a little different but I'm not seeing a reason someone should overpay Verizon if they're anything like the ones we use.at work.
    As long as the fitment is good, then no problem. I have bought no name cases before several phones before, fitment was poor, hard to access ports. Sure, i was able to get them to send me a replacement case - twice and finally got an ok one. Another time, could not access charging port with the stock charger, after some hassle, was able to get a refund. I have bought a 3rd party case for $1 for my wife's 4s and it fit great. Of course, it was made by body glove. Unless it is dirt cheap, i would rather buy a case from a reputable manufacturer, I would rather not deal with the hassle of a defective case.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

After using a Thunderbolt, I really appreciate and want a kickstand that will work in a vertical and horizontal position. I have the Seidio extended battery and kickstand case for the TB and love it. The similar Seidio case for the SGS3 lacks vertical but I still am considering it. In the meantime I ordered this case from Amazon: Amazon.com: Aduro Shell Holster Combo Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 with Kick-Stand (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular & Sprint): Cell Phones & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    That looks similar to the $5 cases on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    Here's the same case/holster combo offered by Verizon but for $20 less.
    Fyi, i saw similar ones for $7 on ebay.

ROM
    Stock/Nova Prime

Just picked up my holster kickstand case from Verizon. Same case as I've had from my DROIDX for 2 years. It's a nice low profile case and is perfect for what I need.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

surprisingly I like the full coverage of the $3.50 ebay case over the shell/holster combo from Verizon. It even fits in the holster so win win.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottr View Post
    The CrazyOnDigital TRAVELER at Amazon looks to be a holster with belt clip - no kickstand.
    Mine does. Look at post 46, same design.
    Google is "Skynet". I know that one day my Android phone is going to turn into a robot and try to kill me, but I am o-k with that.

Quote Originally Posted by rage151 View Post
    Coming from an HTC Thunderbolt, I need a kickstand on my next phone - the S3 (pre-ordered).

There are many case threads here and in other forums, but finding much about kickstand cases in them is like a needle in a haystack. I haven't made the purchase yet, but will post links to the kickstand cases I found.

Please post a link of any kickstand cases you've found and hopefully a review with them.

Amazon Gel - Looks really nice! Not too bulky...I just question how sturdy the kickstand is.
    Yes, I've also been on the lookout for a kickstand case but few come close to what I'm looking for. This one and the Casemate are in the ballpark but I'm still not crazy about them.

I'm getting a white S3 and want a case that goes along w/ it. I don't want any black accents, much less a black border around the front of it. The one you have from Amazon is the only one that is all white, but I'd like to see some reviews first. It's not exactly a clean look and I'm not sure that bendy thing will survive a lot of use.

I wish Seidio would make a glossy white Surface w/ kickstand like they did for the One X:

In the meantime I'll probably go caseless until the right one comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by BigpappaJ View Post
    The Seido Actove case will indeed have a stand like many of there others now. They have a placeholder page for it with "Coming soon" ()

This will be the case for me. There cases are well build, and I've never had a problem with one.

looks like they are in stock in all colors now.

use of the coupon code REDWHITEBLUE for 20% off on all red, white, or blue cases! 10% off on everything else with code: JULY2012

use of the coupon code REDWHITEBLUE for 20% off on all red, white, or blue cases! 10% off on everything else with code: JULY2012
    kinda sucks all pictures are with the white phone. I guess you can't go wrong with black for the pebble blue phone?

Quote Originally Posted by dillon24 View Post
    kinda sucks all pictures are with the white phone. I guess you can't go wrong with black for the pebble blue phone?
    when i get my pb gs3, i can post a pic, but i got a blue case.

if you want white or black, you can buy here for a little cheaper, but it is a pre-order.

Thanked by:
    MscTch 

Quote Originally Posted by dillon24 View Post
    here are the pics i promised. blue case, but you can still get an idea. most of the pics were with flash so it looks brighter than it really is. there is one pic without flash, it is a little blurry, but it shows the true color.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official Galaxy S3 Kickstand Case Thread-p1030051_r.jpg   The Official Galaxy S3 Kickstand Case Thread-p1030052_r.jpg   The Official Galaxy S3 Kickstand Case Thread-p1030055_r.jpg   The Official Galaxy S3 Kickstand Case Thread-p1030057_r.jpg   The Official Galaxy S3 Kickstand Case Thread-p1030058_r.jpg  

I didn't like the Seidio case. it gives good protection but is a bit too bulky for me, and the metal kickstand protrudes out. the case material feels kind of slippery.i tried the verizon case with kickstand and holster and for some reason the case was very tight to get off and also the kickstand was hard to open. it also felt kind of slippery. The case also didn't give enough protection for me. I ended up getting a completely black case mate pop with kickstand. the case feels right, decent amount of protection, not as good as the seidio active, but better than the verizon case, and the grip is great. the kickstand feels pretty flimsy though.

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

*** Seidio Active Case (w/ Kickstand) for Samsung Galaxy S3 III (Blue case)

Anybody have a recommendation as to where to get this the cheapest? Best price I can find for the blue one is at Android Community for $34 shipped. Thanks for any help, if we could find a promo code / coupon for them that would help. The white one is available on ebay for $29 shipped.
    Last edited by heggood; 08-01-2012 at 11:38 PM.

I got my cover from Amazon very inexpensive in different colors too with kickstand. I'm happy with mine it looks yellow in the lighting but its actually white/black. Gives me more confidence about not letting phone slip out of my hand. Less than 5.00 last time I checked!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official Galaxy S3 Kickstand Case Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1344027675209.jpg  

The Aduro shell has kickstand and belt holster. Luv'n mine...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official Galaxy S3 Kickstand Case Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1344090119151.jpg  
    psyjohn and Alecjake like this.

I don't have a picture but I found a video. It looks awesome with pebble blue!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LZa63kBAes[/YT]

I got the Case-Mate on .

While I was searching for a case I saw this page..
    It moslty contains amazon pruducts but it is nice to see all the pics and info on one page
    1%er

It seems the case-mate is the nicest out there. Not sure how well it will protect the phone but it sure is purdy.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Theres always Trident as well

Motorola Q > Blackberry Pearl > Blackberry Storm > Blackberry Storm 2 > Droid X > HTC Thunderbolt > Note 2
    1%er

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful View Post
    A guy on xda had good things to say about the case mate kickstand case. But every online review has commented on how flimsy the kickstand is. IDK, for 35 bucks it better be nice.
    I order the case-mate kickstand case from someone on ebay - refurbished for ~$15. It has no scuffs or signs previous use so they are probably selling some extra stock over there. Anyway, it is a very nice case with great fit and finish but yes the Kickstand is extremely flimsy and I don't see it lasting more than 6 months. If you can get it for on ebay for around $15 I would still recommend, but no way is it worth $35 with such a poorly designed kickstand.

+1 on the Trident. Case is a little bulky but the kickstand is nice. Well built.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast