Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Bugless Beast

Default Re: Car Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBrew View Post
    I'm assuming the desktop dock would work as well?
    If you look at the YouTube video, one of the commenters asked if the desktop dock would work, however the maker of the video said it "is a bit too narrow."

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Will a thin case work with the Infuse mount?

Quote Originally Posted by sp44 View Post
    I received my ordered infuse mount yesterday; feels a little cheap (brittle plastic) and i feel like i need to be gentle or i'll snap something. Pretty consistent knock on Samsung i guess. I will say that the suction cup is sturdy and feels like it'll hold real well (either to hard plastic, glass, or the oval piece it comes with)

As for fit -- you may be able to get away with a really thin case of some sort. However, it may throw off the alignment of the locking-in mechanism that will activate car mode or charge it. chances are, you're going to have a case that's easily removable so it shouldn't be a big deal to peel off a case whenever you want to use the mount.

Definitely getting the Infuse dock myself, after being spoiled by the custom DX dock I have to have one that looks and fits like it was made for the phone, and can keep the charger plugged into it. Thanks to those of you who posted links to it and its reviews!

Looks to me like it would be pretty tight with any case much thicker than a skin, which is fine with me because I'll probably go naked. I cut away part of my DX dock so it would fit with the Seido Innocase, then when I stopped using the case I had to order another dock... D'oh!

Next up I need to find a good mount/case for the handlebars of my bike, for GPS/music when biking. I used the holster and Seido Rugged Case and holster for my DX. Clamped the holster to the handlebar, and whenever I went biking just put on the rugged case and popped it in the holster.

Quote Originally Posted by sp44 View Post
    Here are pics showing the Infuse carmount in tandem with a thin TPU case that i bought:

Not very snug...so, you're going to have to remove whatever case you have on your S3.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

That makes it appear the phone itself will not even fit.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan View Post
    I ordered the samsung infuse 4g vehicle mount from all4cellular.com. Video on xda showed that it works perfectly on the S3.

I really like the looks of that mount, and $23 is definitely a good price, but then I saw this link in another thread- Same thing, but says (bulk) after the description, is not available yet, but is only $14. What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by CEV View Post
    That makes it appear the phone itself will not even fit.
    i was thinking the same based off of how the case was bending -- but the video i posted a few pages back shows the phone fitting. I'm guessing it'll be super snug.

Quote Originally Posted by droidXclone View Post
    I really like the looks of that mount, and $23 is definitely a good price, but then I saw this link in another thread- Same thing, but says (bulk) after the description, is not available yet, but is only $14. What am I missing here?
    nothing -- that's the same one i bought from the same site, too. Got here in like 4 days (including a weekend).
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_SNaCKY View Post
    nothing -- that's the same one i bought from the same site, too. Got here in like 4 days (including a weekend).
    Thanks. Guess I'll hang tight for a bit and see if they get more in stock.

I just ordered this Bracketron Universal mount: . I've had very good luck with their old iPod mounting kit (), but the SIII is going to be just a hair too wide for it.

Amazon had a deal on the Universal mount and a cup mount (Amazon.com: Bracketron UCH-101-BL Universal Cup-iT II Mount with Grip-iT for GPS: GPS & Navigation), so I ordered both. I figure the cup mount could come in handy for rental cars.

I was intrigued enough by the Infuse mount to order it, too, but I have a feeling I'll be returning it. I like the idea of having an integrated power plug, but I don't care for window mounts. (I sit pretty low, so they block more of the windshield than I like.)

This is what I ordered and they seem to have good reviews on Youtube.

Amazon.com: Exomount Universal Car Mount: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Google is "Skynet". I know that one day my Android phone is going to turn into a robot and try to kill me, but I am o-k with that.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    I just ordered this one as well. I figure if it doesn't work I'm only out $17.
    Does this dock charge? Can I plug a micro usb cable int he bottom and then charge my phone while it's docked?

Quote Originally Posted by d1ez3 View Post
    Does this dock charge? Can I plug a micro usb cable int he bottom and then charge my phone while it's docked?
    That's what I'm told. I don't have my S3 yet so can't speak from personal experience.

I haven't gotten mine yet but I plan on using the Une Bobine

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Comply View Post
    This is what I ordered and they seem to have good reviews on Youtube.

Amazon.com: Exomount Universal Car Mount: Cell Phones & Accessories
    that is what i just received and started using with my Fascinate, works well and as long as you tighten it up well then you won't have much vibration at all...

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nick49 View Post
    I haven't gotten mine yet but I plan on using the Une Bobine
    That does look pretty sweet!! I just wonder how secure the phone is when connected to it. Looks like the only support the phone would have is the micro usb connection, which would not be very strong itself. So using it in a car could be kind of iffy then with the constant movement of a car. I would love to get one if it is secure enough.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Looks nice for a desktop stand, but not for a car mount.

ROM
    Stock

I contacted , and they said there should be a S3 charging dock on the website by midweek, to ship at end of July. I look forward to seeing what their product looks like, it could be just what I am looking for. I hope it will have audio out via the USB charging port...

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sirk0rebreg View Post
    that is what i just received and started using with my Fascinate, works well and as long as you tighten it up well then you won't have much vibration at all...
    Looks like it's out of stock from Amazon..

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I just ordered this one as well. I figure if it doesn't work I'm only out $17.
    Darn.. the price is now at $21 after a 5% coupon

I got my phone today and it works perfectly in the Infuse mount. The only thing I noticed though was that I can't find a native car home app. I think Samsung just wants you to tell the phone what to do using S-Voice or VZ Navigator. I downloaded a great app from the Market for $1.99 though. I constantly use my phone as a GPS. No compromises on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalnel View Post
    I just ordered this Bracketron Universal mount: . I've had very good luck with their old iPod mounting kit (), but the SIII is going to be just a hair too wide for it.

Amazon had a deal on the Universal mount and a cup mount (Amazon.com: Bracketron UCH-101-BL Universal Cup-iT II Mount with Grip-iT for GPS: GPS & Navigation), so I ordered both. I figure the cup mount could come in handy for rental cars.

I was intrigued enough by the Infuse mount to order it, too, but I have a feeling I'll be returning it. I like the idea of having an integrated power plug, but I don't care for window mounts. (I sit pretty low, so they block more of the windshield than I like.)
    Any update on the cup holder mount? I was looking at getting one to hold either the phone or my XM radio.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I got my phone today and it works perfectly in the Infuse mount. The only thing I noticed though was that I can't find a native car home app. I think Samsung just wants you to tell the phone what to do using S-Voice or VZ Navigator. I downloaded a great app from the Market for $1.99 though. I constantly use my phone as a GPS. No compromises on that.
    Which app did you find for this?

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CEV View Post
    Which app did you find for this?

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2
    Car Home Ultra. 30-day free trial but I already purchased it. With purchasing I can add destination locations and that's worth it to me for $1.99 Great app!

So I guess I'm not the only one who can't find a car home app on the S3?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast