Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: Car Mounts

Samsung doesn't make their app available on Verizon.

Well, Car Home Ultra is probably better than anything Samsung or Verizon would make available anyway...
    kklier likes this.

What's wrong with the OEM vehicle mount? A little pricey and not quite available in US yet, but made for the S3 and should be here soon. My S2 OEM mount works great. My only complaint was I have to remove the phone from it's jacket to fit. The S3 version fixes this issue, connects, charges while still in case.

What do you guys think of this? Arkon Mobile Grip

I currently use Daily Roads on my Thunderbolt for a dashcam (lots of horrific drivers here in MA), and I read a lot of complaints of many mounts being shaky while moving. Looks like this one can be fixed with a piece of microfiber cloth if it loosens up. I'm really looking forward to the S3, but need a new mount for it as I'm currently using a Thunderbolt-specific mount.

Why can't Samsung can never release the accessories on time with phone releases.

Quote Originally Posted by mojoman1234 View Post
    What's wrong with the OEM vehicle mount? A little pricey and not quite available in US yet, but made for the S3 and should be here soon. My S2 OEM mount works great. My only complaint was I have to remove the phone from it's jacket to fit. The S3 version fixes this issue, connects, charges while still in case.

My only problem with it is I like to keep the dock plugged in and with this one I need to plug it into the phone every time I want to use it. The Infuse dock for ~$15 does everything I need.

I would love to see the big case manufactures (like, OtterBox and Seidio) start making mounts and docks w/ USB charging plugs that work with their cases, I think they would definitely sell. It's frustrating that I cannot use any of the mounts/docks that have a USB plugs built into them because I'm using a case... and it a pain to take the case off every time I want to put it in the dock/mount.

OtterBox and Seidio... if you're listening!! Please, we want accessories that work together with you're cases! This would also draw more customers to your product because they would get accessories that work together which no one else offers.
    CVisk and SmoothAsL like this.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jam4775 View Post
    I would love to see the big case manufactures (like, OtterBox and Seidio) start making mounts and docks w/ USB charging plugs that work with their cases, I think they would definitely sell. It's frustrating that I cannot use any of the mounts/docks that have a USB plugs built into them because I'm using a case... and it a pain to take the case off every time I want to put it in the dock/mount.

OtterBox and Seidio... if you're listening!! Please, we want accessories that work together with you're cases! This would also draw more customers to your product because they would get accessories that work together which no one else offers.
    I agree 100%!!! Almost everyone now a days uses cases on their phones. So why make docks that cannot be used with a case. Makes absolutely no sense!!!

Mojo - Does this dock rotate at the neck to allow for landscape mode?

Quote Originally Posted by mojoman1234 View Post

Does this dock rotate at the neck to allow for landscape viewing?

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsmunoz View Post
    Are there any options that have the plug built into the dock so that you do not have to plug in after putting it into the dock?
    Here's what I'm using and LOVE IT! Just like my ol' Moto for the DX2... even has an AUX jack built in.
    Samsung AT&T INFUSE 4G SGH-i997 Vehicle Mount (ECS-V1B7BEGSTA) - Retail Packaging - Black

]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WOBMIY/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M2T1_ST1_dp_1[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by golf18 View Post
    Here's what I'm using and LOVE IT! Just like my ol' Moto for the DX2... even has an AUX jack built in.
    Samsung AT&T INFUSE 4G SGH-i997 Vehicle Mount (ECS-V1B7BEGSTA) - Retail Packaging - Black

]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WOBMIY/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M2T1_ST1_dp_1[/URL]
    That's what I'm using as well. As soon as I plug the phone into the dock Car Home Ultra (purchased in the market) starts right up! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by VicVinegar View Post
    Any update on the cup holder mount? I was looking at getting one to hold either the phone or my XM radio.
    Yes, I'd give it a good review. It's lightweight and seems a little flimsy at first, but it's actually pretty solid and secure.

The vent mount puts the device in a better position in my car, so that will be my go-to, but I'm going to keep the cup mount for travel. It extends out from the vent about 3-4 inches, so it doesn't completely block the airflow, which is nice.

I think I'm going to return the Infuse car dock, though. I had hoped to mount it on my dash, sort of like the vent mount, but there's no spot for it.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Ugh, my long post got eaten. Short post: is the Infuse car dock a good replacement for the Droid X car dock?

Quote Originally Posted by tucker973 View Post
    Ugh, my long post got eaten. Short post: is the Infuse car dock a good replacement for the Droid X car dock?
    Yes. It just takes two hands to mount the phone because of the layout and you need to snap the connector into the phone. But it's simple enough and works fine. I'm coming from a DX as well.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Damn, looks like vendors caught on - looks like it's up to $31 on Amazon. Anyone find it elsewhere for a good price?

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Bugless Beast

Noticed that the $14.99 ($2 shipping) Samsung Infuse 4G dock is out of stock. I've found two alternatives. You can purchase it from AT&T's website for around $19 - including shipping -().

Just in case some of you are still looking to get the Infuse 4G car mount.
    Last edited by davidsnoodles; 07-15-2012 at 05:02 PM.

^ Thanks. I went ahead an ordered it from Amazon. Hoping it meets my needs, but sounds like it will.

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Bugless Beast

Oh wow, just a heads up, the dock I listed was for the wrong one. I didn't notice it until they shipped it... Hopefully if you ordered it you can cancel it...

Quote Originally Posted by davidsnoodles View Post
    Oh wow, just a heads up, the dock I listed was for the wrong one. I didn't notice it until they shipped it... Hopefully if you ordered it you can cancel it...
    Ha...I'm an ***** and didn't even notice if was for the Fascinate and not he Infuse. I cancelled it. Thanks for the heads up.

Going to order from AT&T I guess.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Yup, looks like ATT is the cheapest on the block at the moment. Ordered mine earlier today. Still not bad for 20 bucks!

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Ordered mine from ATT as well. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker973 View Post
    Yup, looks like ATT is the cheapest on the block at the moment. Ordered mine earlier today. Still not bad for 20 bucks!
    I saw somewhere it was a very snug fit. Will this work with a case? My case isn't too bulky, but it's also not a "barely there"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I just bought an iOttie mount from ebay (they're on Amazon as well) and I'm loving it. Works with any smartphone and it's really compact.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by B. Nasty View Post
    Mojo - Does this dock rotate at the neck to allow for landscape mode?
    I believe it does. I have the S2 OEM mount and it does allow swivel. My only gripe was needing to take the case off, that goes away with this OEM S3 mount.

Do you need to remove the S3 from the case to use the Infuse mount? Looks like you do from the demo. With my S2, I find it's kind of a PITA to have to take it in and out of the case every time you get in and out of the car.
    Last edited by mojoman1234; 07-16-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast