Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 197
Like Tree11Likes
  1. #76  
    Poohbear's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    I just received my infuse mount. Ordered on Sunday and received today. Not bad ATT. LOL. Its a tight fit, but works nicely. I have to take off my case though, which is bit annoying. I'll probably try a slimmer case next time. The car goes into car dock mode once connected, but it doesn't have a specific car dock interface. The instructions say that samsung has a car dock interface under the app store, but nothing shows up for me. Anyone have better luck find the Samsung car dock application? If not I might go with some of the other apps out there.
  2. #77  

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    I just received my infuse mount. Ordered on Sunday and received today. Not bad ATT. LOL. Its a tight fit, but works nicely. I have to take off my case though, which is bit annoying. I'll probably try a slimmer case next time. The car goes into car dock mode once connected, but it doesn't have a specific car dock interface. The instructions say that samsung has a car dock interface under the app store, but nothing shows up for me. Anyone have better luck find the Samsung car dock application? If not I might go with some of the other apps out there.
    Try Car Home Ultra. It's free to try but you have to buy it within 30 days I think. It's $1.99 and worth every penny!
  3. #78  
    Poohbear's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    Try Car Home Ultra. It's free to try but you have to buy it within 30 days I think. It's $1.99 and worth every penny!
    Thanks, i'm going to have to try it out. Do you know if it goes into car mode automatically or do I have to select the app. Thanks
  4. #79  

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    Is anyone using the Infuse 4G mount with the headphone jack?

    I got mine yesterday and hooked it all up but I can't get sound out of the headphone jack (the one on the dock). Is this because I'm using the GSIII with the Infuse dock or is there something I might be missing? I really wanted to just put the phone in the dock and not have to hook up any wires, but right now I'm having to plugin the Aux cable to the phone's jack.

    I might return it if it can't output audio from the dock's headphone jack and wait for the actual GSIII dock (I assume they'll be releasing one). Although it does work nice for holding the phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    Thanks, i'm going to have to try it out. Do you know if it goes into car mode automatically or do I have to select the app. Thanks
    I use it and it goes into car mode automatically. No need to select the app.
  5. #80  
    tucker973's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    Thanks, i'm going to have to try it out. Do you know if it goes into car mode automatically or do I have to select the app. Thanks
    I just got the mount as well and downloaded the Car Home Ultra trial. When you place the phone on the dock, Car Home Ultra shows up in the 'select an app to launch' window. I haven't done it yet, but if you click 'always do this' and then click Car Home Ultra, it should start up automatically. Starting a road trip tomorrow, so I'll be checking it out heavily through the weekend.
  6. #81  
    tucker973's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    Is anyone using the Infuse 4G mount with the headphone jack?

    I might return it if it can't output audio from the dock's headphone jack and wait for the actual GSIII dock (I assume they'll be releasing one). Although it does work nice for holding the phone.
    The jack on the dock actually uses some kind of audio-over-usb output. I couldn't get it to work (though I haven't messed with anything yet), but I saw on other forums that the audio output is terrible. I'm just going to wind up plugging in the aux-out; had to do that with my Droid X dock, so it's not really adding anything to my normal 'docking ritual.'
  7. #82  

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker973 View Post
    The jack on the dock actually uses some kind of audio-over-usb output. I couldn't get it to work (though I haven't messed with anything yet), but I saw on other forums that the audio output is terrible. I'm just going to wind up plugging in the aux-out; had to do that with my Droid X dock, so it's not really adding anything to my normal 'docking ritual.'
    Well, that's a bummer. Guess I'll live with it. I'm really regretting cheaping out on my car stereo and not getting a bluetooth setup. Maybe I should just go get one installed.
  8. #83  
    tucker973's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    Well, that's a bummer. Guess I'll live with it. I'm really regretting cheaping out on my car stereo and not getting a bluetooth setup. Maybe I should just go get one installed.
    You could try a little a2dp adapter. I have a Jabra Clipper that I bought for hiking/biking so I'm not tethered to my phone while listening to music. $35 on Amazon, it might suit your needs without going for something more elaborate:
    http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-CLIPPER-...idcentral00-20

    On the other hand, though, you could try attaching the cable to the back of the cradle. On the Droid X dock, it had a little clip. I had it adjusted at just the right length so that the headphone jack was right there and easy to clip in. I'm thinking about using some tape or even CA glue to achieve something similar on the Infuse dock.
  9. #84  
    firetruck41's Avatar

    Posts
    214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker973 View Post
    The jack on the dock actually uses some kind of audio-over-usb output. I couldn't get it to work (though I haven't messed with anything yet), but I saw on other forums that the audio output is terrible. I'm just going to wind up plugging in the aux-out; had to do that with my Droid X dock, so it's not really adding anything to my normal 'docking ritual.'
    I would expect the audio over USB to be better, though it will need to be amplified. If you use your head units pre-amp input, I would expect it to sound very good. Otherwise, if you just input to an aux jack, it may have low volume.
  10. #85  

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker973 View Post
    The jack on the dock actually uses some kind of audio-over-usb output. I couldn't get it to work (though I haven't messed with anything yet), but I saw on other forums that the audio output is terrible. I'm just going to wind up plugging in the aux-out; had to do that with my Droid X dock, so it's not really adding anything to my normal 'docking ritual.'
    Actually I think the audio sounds fine out of the USB (stock Honda Element). The problem is that the calls won't output the audio to there. It will use the built in phone speaker which sucks when in the dock. I don't know why it doesn't also output that audio over the USB.
  11. #86  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColdBrew View Post
    Actually I think the audio sounds fine out of the USB (stock Honda Element). The problem is that the calls won't output the audio to there. It will use the built in phone speaker which sucks when in the dock. I don't know why it doesn't also output that audio over the USB.
    With the Infuse dock and the SIII? I can't get it to output audio out of the USB using the dock...I have to plug in the aux cable to the phone's headphone jack. Is there a setting?
  12. #87  

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    Quote Originally Posted by ColdBrew View Post
    Actually I think the audio sounds fine out of the USB (stock Honda Element). The problem is that the calls won't output the audio to there. It will use the built in phone speaker which sucks when in the dock. I don't know why it doesn't also output that audio over the USB.
    My wife has the Motorola Razr car dock with the audio USB, and it too will use the phone speaker when receiving calls....but when you turn the phone speaker off, it will then go through the car speakers.
  13. #88  

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    With the Infuse dock and the SIII? I can't get it to output audio out of the USB using the dock...I have to plug in the aux cable to the phone's headphone jack. Is there a setting?
    Go to setting and select "Dock" down at the bottom. There is an output audio to USB option in there.
  14. #89  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColdBrew View Post
    Go to setting and select "Dock" down at the bottom. There is an output audio to USB option in there.
    not on mine? (see picture)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Car Mounts-uploadfromtaptalk1342801264992.jpg  
  15. #90  

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaad_g View Post
    My wife has the Motorola Razr car dock with the audio USB, and it too will use the phone speaker when receiving calls....but when you turn the phone speaker off, it will then go through the car speakers.
    I'll try that!
  16. #91  

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    not on mine? (see picture)
    Sorry it is the one in the center in that picture. External speakers.
  17. #92  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColdBrew View Post
    Sorry it is the one in the center in that picture. External speakers.
    Oh....I'm stupid. I was reading that as the phone's speaker, not external speelers. I'll try it out.
  18. #93  

    Default

    That worked. Thanks!
  19. #94  
    davidsnoodles's Avatar

    Posts
    213 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Bugless Beast

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    Quote Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
    I saw somewhere it was a very snug fit. Will this work with a case? My case isn't too bulky, but it's also not a "barely there"

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    The mount is VERY snug, and I doubt that you will be able to get the S3 to fit into the mount with a case on. Maybe one of those silicone ones because they can be squished, but if you saw earlier in the thread, someone had put the case in the mount and you can see that it's squished.
  20. #95  

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    Quote Originally Posted by davidsnoodles View Post
    The mount is VERY snug, and I doubt that you will be able to get the S3 to fit into the mount with a case on. Maybe one of those silicone ones because they can be squished, but if you saw earlier in the thread, someone had put the case in the mount and you can see that it's squished.

    in your opinion, do you think that the paint of the S3 will eventually rub off on the corners after continual insertion/ removal from the Infuse dock?

    My dock is ordered and on the way, but curious as to what others think.
  21. #96  

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    So far I haven't noticed any wear whatsoever and I've been using the dock quite a bit. But I'm really careful with it...
  22. #97  
    Poohbear's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    Anyone else getting a humming/static noise when the phone is docked? I don't get the noise when i'm using pandora, but when the phone is docked and not doing anything, I get a humming/static sound from my car speakers. It can get annoying after a while.
  23. #98  
    tucker973's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    I've got an update - after about 10 hours of driving this weekend, I'm very pleased with the dock. I did go back and try the built in speaker jack, and the audio quality was just fine. I'm not sure what was up the first time I tried it (likely something stupid on my part), but the audio played fine from the dock right to my aux-in.

    So long story short, the dock is great for my needs. I don't use a case or anything, so that's not an issue, and everything else works as expected. The only minor issue I've found is that when you un-dock the phone, it doesn't register as disconnecting the speakers, so you have to manually pause any music that's playing. When I use the headphone jack, it pauses the music automatically. With everything else that works flawlessly, I can overlook this minor issue.
  24. #99  

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    I just ordered the Infuse dock, decided that having to take the case off is not a big deal. It looks like it is exactly like the SII dock I have been using with my SII.

    Question: Has everyone with the Infuse dock been drilling out holes in the back for the speakers? Is this a necessary step? Any issues doing this without damaging the dock?
  25. #100  

    Default Re: Car Mounts

    I drilled out a hole for the speaker. It looks a little sloppy but when driving at high speeds I want to be able to hear the Navigation voice.
    Thanked by:
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions