Car Mounts

tucker973

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone using the Infuse 4G mount with the headphone jack?

I might return it if it can't output audio from the dock's headphone jack and wait for the actual GSIII dock (I assume they'll be releasing one). Although it does work nice for holding the phone.

The jack on the dock actually uses some kind of audio-over-usb output. I couldn't get it to work (though I haven't messed with anything yet), but I saw on other forums that the audio output is terrible. I'm just going to wind up plugging in the aux-out; had to do that with my Droid X dock, so it's not really adding anything to my normal 'docking ritual.'

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The jack on the dock actually uses some kind of audio-over-usb output. I couldn't get it to work (though I haven't messed with anything yet), but I saw on other forums that the audio output is terrible. I'm just going to wind up plugging in the aux-out; had to do that with my Droid X dock, so it's not really adding anything to my normal 'docking ritual.'

Well, that's a bummer. Guess I'll live with it. I'm really regretting cheaping out on my car stereo and not getting a bluetooth setup. Maybe I should just go get one installed.

tucker973

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, that's a bummer. Guess I'll live with it. I'm really regretting cheaping out on my car stereo and not getting a bluetooth setup. Maybe I should just go get one installed.

You could try a little a2dp adapter. I have a Jabra Clipper that I bought for hiking/biking so I'm not tethered to my phone while listening to music. $35 on Amazon, it might suit your needs without going for something more elaborate:
http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-CLIPPER...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1984051

On the other hand, though, you could try attaching the cable to the back of the cradle. On the Droid X dock, it had a little clip. I had it adjusted at just the right length so that the headphone jack was right there and easy to clip in. I'm thinking about using some tape or even CA glue to achieve something similar on the Infuse dock.

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I would expect the audio over USB to be better, though it will need to be amplified. If you use your head units pre-amp input, I would expect it to sound very good. Otherwise, if you just input to an aux jack, it may have low volume.

ColdBrew

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

Actually I think the audio sounds fine out of the USB (stock Honda Element). The problem is that the calls won't output the audio to there. It will use the built in phone speaker which sucks when in the dock. I don't know why it doesn't also output that audio over the USB.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Actually I think the audio sounds fine out of the USB (stock Honda Element). The problem is that the calls won't output the audio to there. It will use the built in phone speaker which sucks when in the dock. I don't know why it doesn't also output that audio over the USB.

With the Infuse dock and the SIII? I can't get it to output audio out of the USB using the dock...I have to plug in the aux cable to the phone's headphone jack. Is there a setting?

Kaad_g

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

My wife has the Motorola Razr car dock with the audio USB, and it too will use the phone speaker when receiving calls....but when you turn the phone speaker off, it will then go through the car speakers.

ColdBrew

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
With the Infuse dock and the SIII? I can't get it to output audio out of the USB using the dock...I have to plug in the aux cable to the phone's headphone jack. Is there a setting?

Go to setting and select "Dock" down at the bottom. There is an output audio to USB option in there.

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I saw somewhere it was a very snug fit. Will this work with a case? My case isn't too bulky, but it's also not a "barely there"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

The mount is VERY snug, and I doubt that you will be able to get the S3 to fit into the mount with a case on. Maybe one of those silicone ones because they can be squished, but if you saw earlier in the thread, someone had put the case in the mount and you can see that it's squished.

TeeX

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
The mount is VERY snug, and I doubt that you will be able to get the S3 to fit into the mount with a case on. Maybe one of those silicone ones because they can be squished, but if you saw earlier in the thread, someone had put the case in the mount and you can see that it's squished.

in your opinion, do you think that the paint of the S3 will eventually rub off on the corners after continual insertion/ removal from the Infuse dock?

My dock is ordered and on the way, but curious as to what others think.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So far I haven't noticed any wear whatsoever and I've been using the dock quite a bit. But I'm really careful with it... ;)

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else getting a humming/static noise when the phone is docked? I don't get the noise when i'm using pandora, but when the phone is docked and not doing anything, I get a humming/static sound from my car speakers. It can get annoying after a while.

tucker973

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've got an update - after about 10 hours of driving this weekend, I'm very pleased with the dock. I did go back and try the built in speaker jack, and the audio quality was just fine. I'm not sure what was up the first time I tried it (likely something stupid on my part), but the audio played fine from the dock right to my aux-in.

So long story short, the dock is great for my needs. I don't use a case or anything, so that's not an issue, and everything else works as expected. The only minor issue I've found is that when you un-dock the phone, it doesn't register as disconnecting the speakers, so you have to manually pause any music that's playing. When I use the headphone jack, it pauses the music automatically. With everything else that works flawlessly, I can overlook this minor issue.

mojoman1234

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the Infuse dock, decided that having to take the case off is not a big deal. It looks like it is exactly like the SII dock I have been using with my SII.

Question: Has everyone with the Infuse dock been drilling out holes in the back for the speakers? Is this a necessary step? Any issues doing this without damaging the dock?