Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree11Likes

ROM
    CleanROM

Default Re: Car Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by VicVinegar View Post
    I finally bought a dock. I picked up the Arkon SM415 on Amazon. I'd post a link but cut and paste is still broken in Chrome. Need to look for a fix again

So far so good. It is very stable mounted to the windshield and offers quite a bit of adjustment to have it how you want it. It is designed to handle the Note as well do it should handle any case you throw at it. Clamped down, it keeps a good grip on the phone.

The charging port is accessible, so is the headphones jack and power and rocker buttons. Yeah it isn't as neat as the integrated options, but it works and was $15.

If I have one concern it is that the clamping mechanism may break after repeated use getting in and out of the car. We'll see.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I've had an Arkon for over a year now, the mechanism feels the same as it did when I bought it.

Do you think the Arkon would handle the S3 with an extended battery (big ****)?

What is the correct usb charger for the Infuse dock? I have the dual usb griffin charger and it says (2) 1 amp outputs but my S3 is always discharging... Navigation or not!

Could the length of a cable effect this? I have a 15ft usb > microusb cable to reach left side of the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverender326 View Post
    Do you think the Arkon would handle the S3 with an extended battery (big ****)?
    I see it's been a few days, but to answer, I think it would. To me it looks like you could essentially fit two S3s in there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    GS3&Razr(stck)Rznd(CR4.5)

I went ahead and ordered the Arkon mobile mount. Got one for me and one for my wife (she has a droid Razr) and they work great. Easy to use and the phone stays put. Works with cases too and would probably fit most any phone. I recommend this as it was only $11.99 and works well.

I use the iottie one touch.....I've tried a few different mounts & this is my fav..... The gel that they used for the suction cup gives it crazy grip even on surfaces other than glass.....

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tayman52 View Post
    I use the iottie one touch.....I've tried a few different mounts & this is my fav..... The gel that they used for the suction cup gives it crazy grip even on surfaces other than glass.....

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the suggestion. That mount has never shown up in my Amazon searches.

I also use the infuse car mount. At&t has them on clearance for $5!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

My Infuse dock just broke (I think). Now if power is plugged into the dock, I get a lot of static coming out of my speakers (I use the aux cable). Doesn't matter if the aux cable is plugged into the phone or the dock, or which app I'm using.

Disconnecting the power fixes it, but then my phone doesn't charge. I did plug the charger cable into the phone itself and don't get the issue. So it's not the charger or the cable from what I can tell, so it must be the dock. Guess I need a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark SSide View Post
    I also use the infuse car mount. At&t has them on clearance for $5!!!
    Good timing! But I can't find it on their site. Wonder if they're sold out. And it's over $20 on Amazon. That sucks.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I've been trying to sell my Infuse dock on Craigslist. Never did use it has will not work with a case on the phone.

I've also been trying to find people that have used the Gripgo car mount. I want to try it, but want to see what real world users think of it.

I have yet to read thru all these posts to see if this has been answered, but is there a car dock for the S3 that is known to work with the Otterbox Defender case? Thx for any replies

Hello and yes I am the only one on the planet that makes an actual "Dock" that works with this case that I know of, Plus my Docks are tiny in comparson to others, thats what you can do when you make items from quality materials, not plastic

I make "Docks" not holders or cradles, I do not use spacing inserts to make your phone fit into my Docks, those are basically proximity devices and don't fit any phone correctly

I use them myself everyday in my own vehicle, mine cost more than a plastic holder or cradle, but if you watch how I make these in my video's you will understand why, you might not have to buy a "dock" ever again so that can cut the initial cost to almost nothing.

Notice: My Docks do Swivel as you can see

These also "Start Car Docking Mode", made from Machined 6061 High Strength Aluminum in the USA on a high precision milling machine ... these are one handed docks, you get in car, one handed it slides in and powers up, no fishing around for the chargingport , get out of car, grab phone and go simple as that.

Scroll down on home page to see the many video's, the install video is on the actual product page

The videos on my home page are with a Verizon S3 with a Otterbox Defender on it

These adjust to "exactly" fit your phone, once set its semi-permanent, meaning if you do change cases later you can then re-adjust for that

This would most likely fit many phones in the future that have a bottom port micro usb like the Samsung S3

I also make Milled aluminum "Desk Docks" for the S3 again with desk docking mode and made to "exactly" fit you phone and its a true "Dock" pictures and video's of me making these as well on site

Take a look and see what you think, I work hard on these to make them the best quality I can, these cost a little more than other's but in comparison to others for the quality, materials and the hours of work that go into each and every one of these, they are dirt cheap and Made in the USA!

These take hours to make and are of the best quality using many different materials to make the phone fit and slide properly and made to last, no plastic on my Docks

My Docks are totally different than any other Dock made, thats why I include so many video's on my pages so you can better understand how and why they work the way they do, they only take a minute or 2 to set-up initially and then your ready to go until you change cases on your phone
    CraigsDocks.com
    User Adjustable Docks!
    Fits with Cases and Extended Batteries
    All Metal and Made in the U.S.A.

Those docks look nice, but the defender has a tab that covers the micro port. How do you hold the tab open while sliding your phone in?

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mfiggs22 View Post
    Those docks look nice, but the defender has a tab that covers the micro port. How do you hold the tab open while sliding your phone in?
    In one of the videos he shows that you have to cut the flap off. You can still use it, but it won't be part of the sleeve any longer.
    Being a hobby machinist myself, I gotta say that these are nice and for the amount of work that goes into these, the price is WELL worth it. They're all metal.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrianZ3 View Post
    I bought the Infuse 4g mount to use with my new G3. I like the power, audio and dock modes. I did not care for the clip in style and suction cup mount.

I found ProClips mount for the S3 and a custom bracket for my car. I like the mount as it is a slip in style . I found it annoying to separately plug in the power ( I know minor issue )

So.... I decided to modify the new mount and add the usb connector (the dock electronics) to the ProClips slide in mount.

Side by Side comparison :

Mounting car dock to ProClips mount:

Final fitment :

In car mount:

I just did this mod myself, though seems like I struggled a bit more getting it done than you did. What I didn't realize was that the 'cover' needed to be off to properly align the port mount. Once I took off the backing (again) it mounted flush the first time and is working really well. I picked up in another post to cut off a large part of the back and reattaching just the base part to properly cover the circuit board. I cut mine (super thin, so just used a ulitlity blade with a few light passes), just below the square hole on the back. The remaining part tucked under, covered the based very well, and snapped together perfectly.

Thanks for posting (and for the pictures) to know that this was possible. Much happier with this solution over the Infuse holder (too much work to get it in/out).

Cheers!

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

I use Steelie and it works great, I used it on my Nexus and now my S3. Real simple just attach the piece on the phone and mount the ball mount in the car... You rotate the phone for NAV and it holds. This was originally a kick starter and now it is under another company. Showed some friends and they all have them now too.

Steelie.com it will bring you to the new link.

I picked up an ibolt mount from Amazon for $10 on some promotion that was going on awhile back. I like it. It wont hold the phone with the Zerolemon 6300 MAH battery but I have an Arkon that will if needed.

Hi, Check exomount2!! it is really nice!

I've been in search for a solid made and un intrusive car mount. I checked out those steelies and I'm wondering if they bobble when driving or do they stay put?

Like so much fonzy.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I'm also considering using the Steelie products and wondering if anyone else has tried them and what your opinions are?

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678