Car Mounts

Bad_SNaCKY

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I was concerned about drilling out the holes since I can't use Audio Out in my car but then I got thinking it's just plastic anyway so how hard could it be?

A dremmel will give you a quick and smooth cut (as long as you have steady hands). Should be failr simple.

Bad_SNaCKY

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Will a thin case work with the Infuse mount?

I received my ordered infuse mount yesterday; feels a little cheap (brittle plastic) and i feel like i need to be gentle or i'll snap something. Pretty consistent knock on Samsung i guess. I will say that the suction cup is sturdy and feels like it'll hold real well (either to hard plastic, glass, or the oval piece it comes with)

As for fit -- you may be able to get away with a really thin case of some sort. However, it may throw off the alignment of the locking-in mechanism that will activate car mode or charge it. chances are, you're going to have a case that's easily removable so it shouldn't be a big deal to peel off a case whenever you want to use the mount.

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Definitely getting the Infuse dock myself, after being spoiled by the custom DX dock I have to have one that looks and fits like it was made for the phone, and can keep the charger plugged into it. Thanks to those of you who posted links to it and its reviews!

Looks to me like it would be pretty tight with any case much thicker than a skin, which is fine with me because I'll probably go naked. I cut away part of my DX dock so it would fit with the Seido Innocase, then when I stopped using the case I had to order another dock... D'oh!

Next up I need to find a good mount/case for the handlebars of my bike, for GPS/music when biking. I used the holster and Seido Rugged Case and holster for my DX. Clamped the holster to the handlebar, and whenever I went biking just put on the rugged case and popped it in the holster.

Bad_SNaCKY

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Will a thin case work with the Infuse mount?

Here are pics showing the Infuse carmount in tandem with a thin TPU case that i bought:

2012-07-03_13-56-17_281.jpg

2012-07-03_13-56-46_925.jpg

2012-07-03_13-59-05_848.jpg

Not very snug...so, you're going to have to remove whatever case you have on your S3.

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the samsung infuse 4g vehicle mount from all4cellular.com. Video on xda showed that it works perfectly on the S3.

Samsung Infuse 4G Vehicle Navigation Mount - $14.95

I really like the looks of that mount, and $23 is definitely a good price, but then I saw this link in another thread- Samsung Infuse 4G Vehicle Navigation Mount (Bulk) - $13.95 Same thing, but says (bulk) after the description, is not available yet, but is only $14. What am I missing here?

Bad_SNaCKY

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Reactions: anon(181017)

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered this Bracketron Universal mount: Grip-iT Vent Mount | Bracketron. I've had very good luck with their old iPod mounting kit (iPod Docking Kit | Bracketron), but the SIII is going to be just a hair too wide for it.

Amazon had a deal on the Universal mount and a cup mount (Amazon.com: Bracketron UCH-101-BL Universal Cup-iT II Mount with Grip-iT for GPS: GPS & Navigation), so I ordered both. I figure the cup mount could come in handy for rental cars.

I was intrigued enough by the Infuse mount to order it, too, but I have a feeling I'll be returning it. I like the idea of having an integrated power plug, but I don't care for window mounts. (I sit pretty low, so they block more of the windshield than I like.)