Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBeans Build 5

Default Name some good thin cases

So I had a Dinc with a seidio surface case. Loved it and that case saved my phone from scratches and probably breaks many times. But what I really liked was the case didn't look boring and it also was super thin.

Sadly Seidio's surface case for the gs3 is very boring looking and doesn't seem as thin as the dinc one was for me.

So what is the thinnest yet sleak looking cases you've seen out there that will actually protect my precious GSIII?

And when I say sleak, it doesn't need to look like a freaking jetplane or something stupid just a lil touch of flare.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Default Re: Name some good thin cases

Rearth Ringke, Rock Case, Incipio Feather

Thin cases wont get you as much protection as thicker cases that cover all corners and sides.

Case Mate Barely There case. If you google "case mate coupon" you can probably get about 20%off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock

Diztronic. I also have the Rearth, it is nice and minimal, I just wish it covered the top/bottom edges. The Diztronic covers all edges and is about the same thickness. So, if I were to get only one, I would get the Diztronic. (Take my opinion with a grain of salt, I have the 2 cases mentioned, but my phone won't be here until tomorrow...)

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums
    ashishb likes this.

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Go with Diztronic

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I'm thinking about this SGP case. Comes with a Steinheil Ultra Nano Clear screen protector as well.

Though choice. Either Rearth, Case-Mate, or this Spigen SGP.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Well that beats Rearth's price with a screen protector (but Rearth also has a lanyard if that tickles your fancy).

Don't be expecting that much protection from those thin cases though. So I would just pick the cheaper (from a reputable brand of course).

I have my Rearth sitting on my desk, waiting for its soulmate.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM 4.0

Im really happy with my Rock case. It looks good and the rough finish gives me a really good grip of it. My rationale is that most of the time when I drop my phone is because it slips out of my grasp as I take it out of my pocket. The finish on the Rock makes it so that much less likely to happen.

That being said, its not very protective overall. Might save you from a scuff here and there and it has a slight lip that will hold the screen off the surface if you put it glass down on a table. Outside of that nope not a protective case, but none of these slim guys are.

My just arrived. I like it a lot because it keeps the original width of the phone. (Perfect for my small, small hands!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Name some good thin cases-jul-13-2012-2-38-37-pm.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Love my Rearth!

From my GS3.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Name some good thin cases-uploadfromtaptalk1342209381838.jpg  
    Thanked by:

I'm sporting Seidio Active in blue. On my Dinc I used Seidio for both standard batteries, as well as extended.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DroidNinja View Post
    Love my Rearth!

From my GS3.
    Love my Rearth as well!

I have the opposite, with Pebble blue and matte black case.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Name some good thin cases-photo-11.jpg  

I really want that SGP Silver case.

Well I ordered a black SGP Ultra Thin Air. Will report back once I receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by SPD View Post
    I'm thinking about this SGP case. Comes with a Steinheil Ultra Nano Clear screen protector as well.

Though choice. Either Rearth, Case-Mate, or this Spigen SGP.
    I was going to buy the spigen white one. I ended up going with an elago case in white. I got the one with little holes which makes it look different that any other case but still sexy. I'll post a pic in a few once u get OUT of bed. Lol! I ordered it from Amazon for $10 and I would definitely order elago cases again. Very nice and sleek.

Sent from a sexy a** Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by DroidNinja View Post
    Love my Rearth!

From my GS3.
    hello!! I'll be ordering an s3 this wk. I was looking at this case, love the looks but am wondering if youre not concerned about the top and bottom being open, like suseptible to cracks if its dropped? Do you feel its fairly safe? I had a seidio surface on my incredible and it survived alot but the colors are so boring. I'd appreciate any more input on your rearth, if you don't mind. thx!!
    ilovetheflbeach likes this.

Thanks from a long time naked guy. Which is the thinnest BUT very grippy. Or is there a coating? Someone should make replacement backs with the same material as the DROID x.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Seidio Surface is grippy and protects the whole phone.
    The feel is exactly like the back of Droid X was.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE Verizon
    - Rooted, Bloat-free
    - Wi-Fi Toggle is back and Wi-Fi Notification and Pop-up are Gone, FU Verizon

Genuine Samsung slim case:

Received my SGP Ultra Thin air in the mail today. This thing is slick! Thinnest case I've ever seen for a phone. If you're not worried about dropping and all the extra protection and just want the thinnest, most aesthetic case, this is it. Fits perfect to the phone. Almost can't tell it's even on. The ultra nano screen protector is a nice addition too. Goes on easy, but doesn't quite cover the entire screen from edge to edge, which is ok for me. For $20 you can't go wrong. Highly recommended.

Incipio case from Verizon here

Tapatalk'd from my Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I have a diztronic and love it, great tpu case

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Community Rom 2.0

Ringke Slim Lite is what i use and love it. Thought aboyt getting the ultra thin air but ringke won the vote. No regrets with my decision

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast