1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Glass-Only Screen Protector?

Are there any screen protectors for the SG3 that only cover the glass? I've searched online but every screen protector seems to cover almost the entire face of the phone.

Maybe I'm the only one in the world who only wants the glass covered but I'm coming from a DX that only had the glass covered and loved it. Scratching of the rest of the face was never an issue, especially with a case on it.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Default Re: Glass-Only Screen Protector?

Interesting. Almost all of the high quality dry apply protectors I have seen are cut short because of the curved edges. Look at Rearth Ringbo protector or SGP ultra nano for example.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I was referring to a protector that only covers the display (i.e. a rectangle-shaped one that doesn't cover any of the blue face).

When I got my Droid X two years ago I bought a set of screen protectors right there at the Verizon store and that's how they were. Cut out in the exact shape of the display and not covering any part of the black face. Had it on there for the full two years and it hasn't had a single tiny bubble. Plus it looks cleaner by not covering anything other than the rectangle display, which I figure will allow the pebble blue to shine more instead of being dulled by the protector.

Obviously it's not a huge deal but I figured it couldn't hurt to throw the question out there.

I think that would bother me when running my finger across the screen. Maybe get the ones you cut to size?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

The difference betwean the X and S3 is that the glass on the X only covered the screen and had plastic on the edges/top/bottom, whereas on the S3 it covers the whole front of the phone (excepting the home button and speaker, so most folks would want the whole glass covered. If it were not then you could still scratch the glass on top bottom or side of the face.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noturbizniss View Post
    The difference betwean the X and S3 is that the glass on the X only covered the screen and had plastic on the edges/top/bottom, whereas on the S3 it covers the whole front of the phone (example cepting the home button and speaker, so most folks would want the whole glass covered. If it were not then you could still scratch the glass on top bottom or side of the face.
    I know what the OP means. There is actually some glass bezel on the DroidX, at the top where the Moto logo is, on the bottom where the VZW logo is, and on each side. There is also plastic all the way around, but there is some glass bezel that is not part of the display too. My preference would be for a screen protector that covers the entire glass surface, but to each his own, that's his prerogative.

But to answer the OPs question, I have not seen such an animal for the S3. As someone else suggested, you may have to purchase one that you can cut down to the desired size.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Nasty View Post
    Are there any screen protectors for the SG3 that only cover the glass? I've searched online but every screen protector seems to cover almost the entire face of the phone.

Maybe I'm the only one in the world who only wants the glass covered but I'm coming from a DX that only had the glass covered and loved it. Scratching of the rest of the face was never an issue, especially with a case on it.
    The Verizon store has a 3 pack of film protectors. 1 will probably last the life of the phone.

---
    Never had an iphone, and don't want one. Tapatalk on Samsung GS3.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Verizon protectors are garbage. Super small fit, feel bad to the touch, and oil spots everywhere.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

I've used this and it only covers the glass part of the phone. I actually bought it NOT knowing that because I wanted a full sized one. It's the DBA Just Like Glass: Amazon.com: Just Like Glass Screen Protector - Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, U.S. Cellular): Cell Phones & Accessories
    converted
    iPhone 4 ---> Galaxy S3
    hopefully.. Galaxy S3 ---> Note 2

The verizon ones only cover screen and capacitive buttons...doesnt cover all of glass...if u only want screen verizon also carries generic screen protectors which u cut to the size you want

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

I use the Spigen Ultra Nano. It only covers the screen, fits perfectly with no bubbles and can't even tell its there.