Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: so umm...how the heck do you take off this case?

Press firmly on the indents in the middle of the back, grip the sides of the top near the middle, also firmly and slide the top up. And like Jaebberwok said, it comes apart easily in less than a second.

so just read all your posts and i see customers struggle with this case all the time. No it's not cheap and no it's not hard or "glued" on there. any good case is not supposed to just come apart. it does take a little knowledge in how to remove the case but by no means should a screwdriver or a credit card be necessary to remove it. the trick to the case is...where the case meets itself there is three indentations. you pushthat down push both pieces towards each other than pull.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chavnig View Post
    so just read all your posts and i see customers struggle with this case all the time. No it's not cheap and no it's not hard or "glued" on there. any good case is not supposed to just come apart. it does take a little knowledge in how to remove the case but by no means should a screwdriver or a credit card be necessary to remove it. the trick to the case is...where the case meets itself there is three indentations. you pushthat down push both pieces towards each other than pull.
    Whoohooo!... Chavnig, your last statement made this removal work perfectly, "where the case meets itself there is three indentations. you pushthat down push both pieces towards each other than pull" .... Thanks so much for the information. If Seidio would mention that "one little statement", it makes all the world of difference in getting this apart. Was about to get frustrated until you mentioned to "push" both pieces together while pushing the three indentions in....

I had this case a while back but like many others, it went back to best buy. Just a pain to take off and I like to change up my case every once in a while.

the squeezing of the top half from the sides and index finger in the middle to separate worked perfectly!!

I managed to remove it with little difficulty. I held the bottom portion of the case with my left hand, forming a U shape with my thumb and ring finger. My right hand held the sides of the case essentially mirroring the left hand. Using my Left index finger I pushed down where the grooved half circle is, and pulled with my left hand. It slid apart fairly easy. It might help to also squeeze the sides of the bottom half as well. My wife and I had by accident put it on with the existing backplate still on.
    Hope this helps.

Jaeberwock......Thank You!

There is an even easier way to remove this case. Squeeze the sides of the top half and hold it then you push and slide the thumb spot on the bottom. What you are essentially doing is bowing the top to lift the lock groove and then sliding the bottom off. This works with almost no effort multiple times.

I've seen the attempts for the Galaxy S4 & yes it looks simple. But this same case for the S3 where the ends meet up in the very middle is not so cool. Can't get the darn case off! Easy for everyone to say, it's that simple. When it's really not! Smh!
    Last edited by Bee Lo; 10-27-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Thank you it helped me....finally i took it off and my phone is like new again
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12