Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Community Rom 2.0

Default Steinhil curved crystal or ultra nano?

Trying to decide which one i should go with. Leaning towards the curved one since it covers the whole screen but wanted to get the communitys input.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Default Re: Steinhil curved crystal or ultra nano?

I have the Ultra Nano Clear on my S3. Its great! Easy to Apply and it doesnt smudge. The screen is super clear.

Quote Originally Posted by jb20 View Post
    I have the Ultra Nano Clear on my S3. Its great! Easy to Apply and it doesnt smudge. The screen is super clear.
    +1

Got it. Love it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I have the Ultra Nano and IT DOES SMUDGE!! Good product overall.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

I recommend going for the Nano Clear and not the Nano Optics which is supposed to be more smudge resistant and have less glare. The matte finish gives that orange peel look and ruins the look of the beautiful screen... I immediately ripped mine off after applying it.

I may order the Nano Clear for now until they release the curved one.. at the moment I'm using a cheap one that came with a case I ordered off of eBay.. It's not too bad but I hear nothing but positive feedback about the Steinhil screen protectors.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    4,536 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm leaning toward the Curved Crystal, but want to wait until some user feedback is given. I'm wondering if the protector will take the everyday use and not peel up along the edges.

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    I'm leaning toward the Curved Crystal, but want to wait until some user feedback is given. I'm wondering if the protector will take the everyday use and not peel up along the edges.
    I pre ordered the curved crystal, got an email from them saying it won't be available to ship until mid august. I'll post my thoughts on it when it arrives.

Global Posts
    4,536 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Wontfinishlast View Post
    I pre ordered the curved crystal, got an email from them saying it won't be available to ship until mid august. I'll post my thoughts on it when it arrives.
    Cool beans. I am waiting as I use the "pocket sleeve" type cases and I think that will play into my decision.

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts

I'm wondering how hard the curved crystal will be to install. Seems like there would be no margin for error.

Got a cheapo cover from some store for my GS3 and it already made a scratch on my actual screen!!!! SOOO pissed off ! I never thought of buying a pricey screen protector but now i'm definitely thinking of investing in it. If anyone does receive the curved crystal, please please write a review. Definitely interested! Until then, anyone have suggestions for a good quality protector??

Quote Originally Posted by jb20 View Post
    +2 This is by far the best screen protector i have used. Easy to apply, no liquid solution needed. and because it doesn't cover the entire screen there are rarely any air bubbles

LG G2 Verizon LTE
    Nexus 4 ST TMO
    Galaxy S 3 Sprint LTE [ Retired ]
    Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G Verizon LTE [ Retired ]
    Nexus S 4G [ Retired ]
    Xoom Tablet 3.0 Honeycomb [ Retired ]
    HTC Evo 2.3.3| [ Retired ]
    Palm Pre [ Retired ]

okay.. so just saw this today and couldn't resist so I jumped the gun! AFter it arrives and I put it on, I'll post some reviews.
    SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Curved Crystal | SPIGEN SGP
    They have a new video of someone putting it on. Looks easy but.... we'll just have to see.
    converted
    iPhone 4 ---> Galaxy S3
    hopefully.. Galaxy S3 ---> Note 2

Global Posts
    4,536 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by glassygurl View Post
    okay.. so just saw this today and couldn't resist so I jumped the gun! AFter it arrives and I put it on, I'll post some reviews.
    SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Curved Crystal | SPIGEN SGP
    They have a new video of someone putting it on. Looks easy but.... we'll just have to see.
    I saw this too but then wondered why it took 3-5 days to ship. Keep us posted!

I just put on the curved crystal (had a nano previously). It is amazing. It covers completely, did not lift at all and the cut outs are very precise. Yes, take care to line up the top edge when starting out (follow their instructions). I got the first one on perfectly straight with no dust or bubbles. It wasn't too hard.

This one is truly invisible, no edges to be seen because it covers the screen all the way to the edge of the device. I like the coverage and way it disappears better than the nano I had. The generic TPU case fit over it at the edge just fine (I used care around the edges when putting the case back on).
    Thanked by 3: