Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Best heavy duty case?

    OK, so I have a real nice slim case (Ringke slim lite) that I love for every day use.
    Now I want a strong case to use when I go on vacation in a few weeks. Something that will cover the entire phone including the screen so I can put the phone in my back pack and not worry about it.

    What is your opinion on the best, strongest, most protective case? Weight or bulk is not a concern with this- just protection!

    Many thanks for your thoughts!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    Strongest, most protective, bulk no issue? Pelican baby...



    Seriously though, the 1040 should easily fit the GSIII. It may even fit in the 1030.



    -Suntan
    Last edited by Suntan; 07-24-2012 at 12:47 PM.
  3. #3  
    ibcop's Avatar

    Posts
    1,718 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    I've been eyeing the Ballistic Maxx cases.

    http://www.amazon.com/Ballistic-SX09...idcentral00-20
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    I've been eyeing the Ballistic Maxx cases.

    http://www.amazon.com/Ballistic-SX09...idcentral00-20
    Looks nice. Does the "holster" cover the screen like the otter box defender?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Strongest, most protective, bulk no issue? Pelican baby...



    -Suntan
    Lol. Ok, bulk is a concern, just not the top concern! My backpack is not THAT big!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    Quote Originally Posted by scuba561 View Post
    Lol. Ok, bulk is a concern, just not the top concern! My backpack is not THAT big!
    See my update.

    Pelican does make a range of sizes. They offer small size cases too. They are tops for water and crush protection.

    -Suntan
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    Too much bulk for my liking, but if you have the Pebble Blue S3, I'd imagine this Ballistic case would look sweet on it.
    (Same case as above, just different color)

    http://www.amazon.com/Ballistic-SG09...idcentral00-20
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    I prefer the Seidio Surface plus Convert...it is very rugged. when in it's holster the screen is protected also. Very reasonable price also got mine for 59.95 from Seidio's website.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    I second the Seidio Convert....when less bulk and protection is desired all you have to do is remove the two outer shells and bam...still protected
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    I would get the holster kickstand case they sell at Verizon for $30. There's a snap-on half that's similar to the Ringke, also with a flush-fitting kickstand on the back, and then that slides into the holster half which covers the entire rest of the phone. It's solid, and you can use the case in normal duty later, too.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    Be warned that the screen protector is "textured" (Ballastic's words) which makes the screen on the S3 not as clear. I actually returned my Maxx case and got an Otterbox Defender. The screen protector on the Defender is less "textured" but even that is not totally clear.

    Here is a link that shows what I mean.

    Otter box cases are out in stores
  12. #12  
    brandonx1000's Avatar
    rule the air.

    Posts
    760 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    i have an Otterbox Defender and it's nearly perfect...just a minor haze on the screen protector, but thats the way they've all been
  13. #13  
    Google is "Skynet". I know that one day my Android phone is going to turn into a robot and try to kill me, but I am o-k with that.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    1030 is a hair too short in length... Tried it today.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    although I don't prefer them, otterbox has some sturdy ones. heard good things about these.
    converted
    iPhone 4 ---> Galaxy S3
    hopefully.. Galaxy S3 ---> Note 2
  16. #16  
    ibcop's Avatar

    Posts
    1,718 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    Quote Originally Posted by charlier180 View Post
    Be warned that the screen protector is "textured" (Ballastic's words) which makes the screen on the S3 not as clear. I actually returned my Maxx case and got an Otterbox Defender. The screen protector on the Defender is less "textured" but even that is not totally clear.

    Here is a link that shows what I mean.

    Otter box cases are out in stores
    I knew the Defender wouldn't be clear but didn't know this with the MAXX. I guess I will go with Seideo and use my own screen protector. Otterbox is pricey for the Defender and it can't be clear? Not for me.
  17. #17  
    ibcop's Avatar

    Posts
    1,718 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    Quote Originally Posted by glassygurl View Post
    although I don't prefer them, otterbox has some sturdy ones. heard good things about these.
    You and me both - MSRP is $49.95 and we can't get a clear screen cover?
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    I got a Trident Kraken A.M.S.. adds some weight and there is no screen protector but its beefy and should suffice for what you are looking for.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    The Otterbox Defender is the standard in my opinion. I have seen them on ebay and Amazon for as low as $25.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    DGL


    Everything you believed is a lie...
  20. #20  
    byrds8's Avatar

    Posts
    515 Posts
    Global Posts
    516 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    I have an Otterbox Defender and do not really care for it. The outside edges are a bit too raised for my liking and the rubber shell is deformed on the corners from putting it in the holster. I didn't have to worry about the screen too much as I pulled the plastic piece out of the case that would have covered it. I cant stand those things lol.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Best heavy duty case?

    Quote Originally Posted by byrds8 View Post
    I have an Otterbox Defender and do not really care for it. The outside edges are a bit too raised for my liking and the rubber shell is deformed on the corners from putting it in the holster. I didn't have to worry about the screen too much as I pulled the plastic piece out of the case that would have covered it. I cant stand those things lol.
    Ditto. The raised sides are a PITA. Haven't seen any deformation from the holster yet - only 2 weeks though

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Posting Permissions

B