I bought the Samsung cradle...

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
... that charges a spare battery, and it is fantastic. I love that instead of having to worry about keeping my phone charged I can just swing by my desk, swap out for the (included spare) battery, and I'm good to go. It came in very handy on vacation this week, since service was spotty almost everywhere I went. If my phone died, I popped in the spare. It completely eliminated any low-battery stress. And on vacation... who wants stress?

My 2?.

It's available from ShopAndroid.com, or for a bit less from Amazon.

Last edited:

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Love mine as well. Keeps me free from having to keep plugging the phone in. Also useful when I am cycling and want to use the gps, no worries about battery!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice to have the dock, but it is a bit pricey for me. I do like to have a spare charger, if it drops in price, then i may get it. i got a spare battery charger for my tbolt for $5 direct from Verizon a while back. works on my rez as well. But if it is something you use often, then it could be worth it.

Sent from my Droid Razr MAXX / Atrix Lapdock

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
My work involves walking around work sites with poor service, all day long. I was in the market for a spare battery anyway, and they typically seem to run somewhere in the $40-$50 range. To find a cradle that includes and will charge a spare battery is freaking gold. Haven't had one since my old BlackBerry.

Sent from my Galaxy S III via Tapatalk

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Qcell 2 battery (nfc capable) & spare battery charger package from Amazon for $25, shipping was free with Prime. I am very happy with this set up. I basically always have 2 fully charged batteries standing by and never have to obsess about keeping my phone plugged in.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My work involves walking around work sites with poor service, all day long. I was in the market for a spare battery anyway, and they typically seem to run somewhere in the $40-$50 range. To find a cradle that includes and will charge a spare battery is freaking gold. Haven't had one since my old BlackBerry.

yeah, if you need a spare battery and charger, then it is good. I just wished that it worked in horizontal mode, i don't have much use for vertical mode.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
yeah, if you need a spare battery and charger, then it is good. I just wished that it worked in horizontal mode, i don't have much use for vertical mode.

I only use it in horizontal. Used it yesterday to watch movies on the plane. I think you're picturing the regular dock that charges a phone, as opposed to this which charges a battery.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I only use it in horizontal. Used it yesterday to watch movies on the plane. I think you're picturing the regular dock that charges a phone, as opposed to this which charges a battery.

Thanks for the information. Does it work with a case?

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a case, so I can't say for sure. It does have a little bit of wiggle room, so it MIGHT work with a tpu case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34