Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By alnaintl
  • 1 Post By walkingrock
  • 1 Post By walkingrock
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Default Extended Battery?

Anyone know of any extended battery coming out or out already? I know the spare battery/charger is out but hate to have to carry another battery with me. Maybe I should go back to the maxx.. Help peeps what do I do??

ROM
    CM10

Default Re: Extended Battery?

I've seen a couple other threads talking about extended batteries. I don't know if there's an official one, but I know people are happy with the others.

This: The Hyperion 4200 battery

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

These extended batteries are pretty nice and work really well. Extended Battery and Portable Battery Solutions

They are also sold on Amazon so you can read some of the reviews there.
    mjacob2448 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

what kind of life are you getting? I am pushing 18 hours with mod-heavy use

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I was using the Qcell Extended Battery that I bought on Amazon for $15. Anker actually sent me a free 4400 mah Extended Battery to try out. So far, it works great. I'll be sure to post a full review and screenshots after a few more days of testing.

Global Posts
    1,949 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by MERCDROID View Post
    I was using the Qcell Extended Battery that I bought on Amazon for $15. Anker actually sent me a free 4400 mah Extended Battery to try out. So far, it works great. I'll be sure to post a full review and screenshots after a few more days of testing.
    did you get the message saying to email the support page with a shopping address and they would send you one for free to try out? I got that but thought it was fishy :/

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    did you get the message saying to email the support page with a shopping address and they would send you one for free to try out? I got that but thought it was fishy :/
    Yeah, it was in my inbox from an account named Rosa123. And I thought it was fishy too. But, I figured I'd give it a try. I gave them my work address. At first, when I emailed back, the support staff seemed confused. However, I received an email from the Rosa, the Marketing Manager saying that they wanted me to try this battery out, and post reviews here in the forums and at Amazon. A member of XDA was selected to review the same battery. The battery works great, and it's currently only $13 Amazon.com: [1 Year Warranty]Anker 4400mAh Galaxy S3 Extended Battery and Back Door for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung T999, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung I747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung I535, U.S. Cellular Samsung

Global Posts
    1,949 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by MERCDROID View Post
    Yeah, it was in my inbox from an account named Rosa123. And I thought it was fishy too. But, I figured I'd give it a try. I gave them my work address. At first, when I emailed back, the support staff seemed confused. However, I received an email from the Rosa, the Marketing Manager saying that they wanted me to try this battery out, and post reviews here in the forums and at Amazon. A member of XDA was selected to review the same battery. The battery works great, and it's currently only $13 Amazon.com: [1 Year Warranty]Anker 4400mAh Galaxy S3 Extended Battery and Back Door for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung T999, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung I747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung I535, U.S. Cellular Samsung
    aww man. Same person here dude. Guess I should've did it. I wonder if it's too late.

Does the phone get significantly bigger in the back with the extended battery?

Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10, CM9

I have one of the Q-Cell's from amazon. Amazon.com: QCell Samsung Galaxy S3 X-Life NFC enabled 4200mAh Extended Battery + Dual Dark Blue & White Back Covers (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i535, T-mobi
    It came with both a white and blue backplate. The blue matches my phone fairly well. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. It about doubles the thickness of the phone. I can go 24 hours plus on a charge, but my battery gauge acts weird.

Sometimes it reads 100% then when I unplug it drops to 84% immediately where it stays for a long time. It seems to drop from about 30% to 0 very quickly too. I'm running CM nightlies and have tried wiping my battery stats.

Any one have a recommendation for an app to give me stats on the battery, like MAH rating or voltage in/out?
    I like phones.

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

I am using the same one and do not have any problems. First use after charging it I used it for a few phone calls and a lot of texts, little browsing and after 2 hours it dropped to 98%
    Right now I am at 43% left and the phone has been on for almost 35 hours

I would try to exchange it for another
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    7,626 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by grandebob View Post
    Any one have a recommendation for an app to give me stats on the battery, like MAH rating or voltage in/out?
    I like GSam Battery Monitor ,its in Google Play

sent from my SIII

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Holy crap those are some impressive battery times.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Got my Hyperion on Friday and charged it up Saturday afternoon. It's sitting at 58% Monday morning after heavy use on Sunday (fantasy football habitual score checking). I'd recommend it even though my case and car dock do not fit with the new back at all. Anyone know of a phone dock that will fit it?

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3&Razr(stck)Rznd(CR4.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Neverender326 View Post
    Got my Hyperion on Friday and charged it up Saturday afternoon. It's sitting at 58% Monday morning after heavy use on Sunday (fantasy football habitual score checking). I'd recommend it even though my case and car dock do not fit with the new back at all. Anyone know of a phone dock that will fit it?
    I saw a few docks on Amazon that would work with a case on the S3 maybe they would work with the extended battery installed.

Have my Mugen; haven't charged for nearly 20 hours, have been using the phone, and still have 42% battery left. Before, my original battery would need to be charged after 12 hours or less. I really don't mind the larger size, due to the battery cover needing to cover this huge battery. I just want to get a Spigen Glas screen cover to protect the screen, since I can't find a decent phone case for the extended battery.
    MERCDROID likes this.

Actually it was 22 hours off charge @ 42%. I used my phone for 48 hours after the first charge as per the Mugen instructions. From 100% down to 9%. Doing 2nd charge now.
    MERCDROID likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PitbullJunkee View Post
    Anyone know of any extended battery coming out or out already? I know the spare battery/charger is out but hate to have to carry another battery with me. Maybe I should go back to the maxx.. Help peeps what do I do??
    I bought a Hyperion 4200 bought it at Amazon 25.00 it does give a little extra thickness and weight but not bad. I have had it on two days night and day straight and with calls text email and still at 64% left. I like the little extra weight and thickness and the battery life is incredibly good. I highly recommend this ext. battery.

Anker 4400 mAh is perfect. Added a Yesoo TPU case and it lasts for days under normal usage. I work my phone hard and it has made the phone unbelievable. No NFC tho.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I bought the EZOPower 4200 mAh on eBay because I got an eBay gift certificate for Xmas. It works great! I charged it to 100% yesterday afternoon, played some games, watched the Avengers movie (free from Samsung!) and did a bunch of talking at work and home. It's still at 40%!