Extended Battery?

jdtftp1

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of any extended battery coming out or out already? I know the spare battery/charger is out but hate to have to carry another battery with me. Maybe I should go back to the maxx.. Help peeps what do I do??

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I was using the Qcell Extended Battery that I bought on Amazon for $15. Anker actually sent me a free 4400 mah Extended Battery to try out. So far, it works great. I'll be sure to post a full review and screenshots after a few more days of testing.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I was using the Qcell Extended Battery that I bought on Amazon for $15. Anker actually sent me a free 4400 mah Extended Battery to try out. So far, it works great. I'll be sure to post a full review and screenshots after a few more days of testing.

did you get the message saying to email the support page with a shopping address and they would send you one for free to try out? I got that but thought it was fishy :/

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
did you get the message saying to email the support page with a shopping address and they would send you one for free to try out? I got that but thought it was fishy :/
Yeah, it was in my inbox from an account named Rosa123. And I thought it was fishy too. But, I figured I'd give it a try. I gave them my work address. At first, when I emailed back, the support staff seemed confused. However, I received an email from the Rosa, the Marketing Manager saying that they wanted me to try this battery out, and post reviews here in the forums and at Amazon. A member of XDA was selected to review the same battery. The battery works great, and it's currently only $13 Amazon.com: [1 Year Warranty]Anker? 4400mAh Galaxy S3 Extended Battery and Back Door for Galaxy SIII GT-I9300, T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung T999, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung I747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung I535, U.S. Cellular Samsung

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it was in my inbox from an account named Rosa123. And I thought it was fishy too. But, I figured I'd give it a try. I gave them my work address. At first, when I emailed back, the support staff seemed confused. However, I received an email from the Rosa, the Marketing Manager saying that they wanted me to try this battery out, and post reviews here in the forums and at Amazon. A member of XDA was selected to review the same battery. The battery works great, and it's currently only $13 Amazon.com: [1 Year Warranty]Anker? 4400mAh Galaxy S3 Extended Battery and Back Door for Galaxy SIII GT-I9300, T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung T999, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung I747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung I535, U.S. Cellular Samsung

aww man. Same person here dude. Guess I should've did it. I wonder if it's too late.

grandebob

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I have one of the Q-Cell's from amazon. Amazon.com: QCell Samsung Galaxy SIII X-Life NFC enabled 4200mAh Extended Battery + Dual Dark Blue & White Back Covers (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9300, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i535, T-mobi
It came with both a white and blue backplate. The blue matches my phone fairly well. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. It about doubles the thickness of the phone. I can go 24 hours plus on a charge, but my battery gauge acts weird.

Sometimes it reads 100% then when I unplug it drops to 84% immediately where it stays for a long time. It seems to drop from about 30% to 0 very quickly too. I'm running CM nightlies and have tried wiping my battery stats.

Any one have a recommendation for an app to give me stats on the battery, like MAH rating or voltage in/out?

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I am using the same one and do not have any problems. First use after charging it I used it for a few phone calls and a lot of texts, little browsing and after 2 hours it dropped to 98%
Right now I am at 43% left and the phone has been on for almost 35 hours

I would try to exchange it for another

Neverender326

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Got my Hyperion on Friday and charged it up Saturday afternoon. It's sitting at 58% Monday morning after heavy use on Sunday (fantasy football habitual score checking). I'd recommend it even though my case and car dock do not fit with the new back at all. Anyone know of a phone dock that will fit it?

Hotweelz

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Got my Hyperion on Friday and charged it up Saturday afternoon. It's sitting at 58% Monday morning after heavy use on Sunday (fantasy football habitual score checking). I'd recommend it even though my case and car dock do not fit with the new back at all. Anyone know of a phone dock that will fit it?

I saw a few docks on Amazon that would work with a case on the S3 maybe they would work with the extended battery installed.

walkingrock

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Have my Mugen; haven't charged for nearly 20 hours, have been using the phone, and still have 42% battery left. Before, my original battery would need to be charged after 12 hours or less. I really don't mind the larger size, due to the battery cover needing to cover this huge battery. I just want to get a Spigen Glas screen cover to protect the screen, since I can't find a decent phone case for the extended battery.

walkingrock

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Actually it was 22 hours off charge @ 42%. I used my phone for 48 hours after the first charge as per the Mugen instructions. From 100% down to 9%. Doing 2nd charge now.

Samgilmore

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know of any extended battery coming out or out already? I know the spare battery/charger is out but hate to have to carry another battery with me. Maybe I should go back to the maxx.. Help peeps what do I do??
I bought a Hyperion 4200 bought it at Amazon 25.00 it does give a little extra thickness and weight but not bad. I have had it on two days night and day straight and with calls text email and still at 64% left. I like the little extra weight and thickness and the battery life is incredibly good. I highly recommend this ext. battery.

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Anker 4400 mAh is perfect. Added a Yesoo TPU case and it lasts for days under normal usage. I work my phone hard and it has made the phone unbelievable. No NFC tho.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums