1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Default Spigen curved crystal, dimpling

I purchased the Spigen curved crystal and had no issues applying it and have to say that it looks and feels great, is smooth and resists smudging. Everything has been positive except for I've started to notice that it seems like the screen protector (for lack of better word) dents easily. I've noticed two patches of dimples where there was nothing before. It is becoming more noticeable as well. Has anyone else seen this on the Spigen screen protectors? It is too hard to photo, but you can feel it if you run your finger over it. I am using the curved crystal with the samsung flip case.

Default Re: Spigen curved crystal, dimpling

Is this the screen protector that curves at the edges like the S3 screen? I'm thinking of purchasing one to use with my flip cover also.

I heard that the sensitivity of the case is huge or the opposite. What I read from several people was that the screen protector has high memory blah blah blah..like the memory foam pillows and beds. But it's worse. Once a indention is made it doesn't really disappear.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xKrNMBoYx View Post
    Is this the screen protector that curves at the edges like the S3 screen? I'm thinking of purchasing one to use with my flip cover also.

I heard that the sensitivity of the case is huge or the opposite. What I read from several people was that the screen protector has high memory blah blah blah..like the memory foam pillows and beds. But it's worse. Once a indention is made it doesn't really disappear.
    Yes, it's the one that curves with the screen, and you definitely picked the better word "indentation". The more I get, the worse it looks, but I can't figure out what is making all the little dents. The screen works great if you meant sensitivity to touch, and it's not tacky at all. The easy denting is a major flaw unfortunately, and I don't know if I would buy it again as much as I like it. I have one more if this really gets worse
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

sadly, I just realized what is causing the "indentations", my simply playing a game with and tapping the screen where the softkeys are. I don't have long fingernails and I dont smash the screen. That is pretty bad!! What kind of screen protector dings from simple use. The VZW screen protector was definitely stronger. I'm going to write spigen about this. Unfortunately, now I'm pretty disappointed with this product.

That is exactly what I found I have the nano ultra clear. AWFUL. Play dead trigger/shadowgun, caused these indentations on mine also. I sent Spigen pictures and they tried to tell me they had never seen it before the more reviews I read the more i see it. Like you say you can easily scratch or indent the screen protector with your nail. They scratch very easily with the 2H hardness. They also seem to shift over time. My wifes who doesnt play these type of games but is in her purse all day is scratched to S**T.

I switched to the Crystal clear slightly thicker and cut short but has a 4h hardness MUCH BETTER. I have always used the crystal clear but they discontinued it for a while for a redesign.

http://www.amazon.com/SPIGEN-SGP-Pro...idcentral00-20

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by drews66 View Post
    That is exactly what I found I have the nano ultra clear. AWFUL. Play dead trigger/shadowgun, caused these indentations on mine also. I sent Spigen pictures and they tried to tell me they had never seen it before the more reviews I read the more i see it. Like you say you can easily scratch or indent the screen protector with your nail. They scratch very easily with the 2H hardness. They also seem to shift over time. My wifes who doesnt play these type of games but is in her purse all day is scratched to S**T.

I switched to the Crystal clear slightly thicker and cut short but has a 4h hardness MUCH BETTER. I have always used the crystal clear but they discontinued it for a while for a redesign.

Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Ultra Crystal [2-Pack] Clear Film Cover Shield for AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, International, 3G, US, LTE, i9300 - CLEAR: Cell Phones & Accessories
    I did the same thing Drew. I complained to Spigen about the ultra nano denting and scratching. They said they would send me the ultra crystals out of good faith but then screwed up and sent me nano's again, then I told them so they sent it AGAIN and failed AGAIN. So I have 2 extra packs of ultra nano's now lol. And I am still waiting for them to send me the ultra crystals, they are very slow at responding and mailing anything. But I am hoping they don't dent like the nano's do.

Ultra crystals are great they are twice as hard and thicker. Simple install it is a little more noticable and seems like a finger print attracter but does whipe clean easily and anything imo is better then the nano's. I have used the Ultra crystals on a couple other phones with fine results so I expect the same again. They stopped selling them for a while so they could re design/ cut them short to avoid the peeling issue.

well, guess I won't rush to put on the curved crystal that arrived today, I'm doing fine with the Ultra Nano Clear I have on it now...
    npo

I've had the curved crystal on my phone for a month now. It still looks pristine... no dimpling, peeling, scratching at all. I'm not a gamer, so I don't repeatedly hit the screen in the same spot to the extent some do, but I do keep my phone in my pocket with keys, use it all day for calls, the net, gps, etc. So no complaints here whatsoever.

I've been using their GLAS for the S3 and I really like it, better than their Curved Crystal. I had some sensitivity issues with the first one and they sent me a replacement with instructions to install and it works fine now. Plus it fits perfectly with my Trident. ^___________^
    Here's link:
    converted
    iPhone 4 ---> Galaxy S3
    hopefully.. Galaxy S3 ---> Note 2