Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Default Re: what kind of case are you all using?

Currently using Speck Candyshell in white/raspberry.

Moko' and one with a keyboard and one cheap green one

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Otterbox commuter in white. Amazon has them for $25.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BDain View Post
    I bought a Otter Box Commuter from Amazon, it was $21 with free shipping. Case came in 4 business days.

Case offers great protection (comes with screen protector) and doesn't make the phone to big to put in your pocket.
    +1 on OtterBox Commuter. All it needs is some added grippy surface to keep it from slipping out of my hands every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by exelon View Post
    what kind of case are you all using for your s3? i havent decided if i want something i can wear on me or something i can throw in my pocket
    See I want both, and needless to say I've been looking for 2 months now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfire8 View Post
    My vote is for the Seidio Active Case. I've had one for three different devices and the quality is always top notch. It keeps my device pocketable while giving two different textures which help it have some grip and still having protection on the back and corners. Adds just enough to the front side of the device that I can avoid adding a screen protector for any standard drops/slips I may have every now and then.
    Had this on my Dinc, but I never liked the way the holster clip was over the soft rubber part and not clipping over the hard shell. The rubber never ripped but I was always careful. So I won't be getting it again.

BTW I have my first S3 sighting. 2 months and I have finally seen someone besides me with the phone. I'm on the train surrounded by I phones and now one S3.

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Diztronic TPU in Matte-Dark Blue . Yeah the lip does look purple-y under a lamp or artificial light but so does the home button..so they match well.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

I have the Seidio Incipio. Phone and case were both given to me as B-Day presents.

I dropped phone about 3 feet to hard tile surface, and then rolled my power wheelchair over it.

While getting an 'excited' commentary of my actions/failings , I examined and found no damage to either case or phone.

I think I burned off a lot of karma reserves for that, but glad in any event.
    "Never trust a computer you cannot throw out a window." S.W.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts

I ordered the otterbox commuter and im not happy with it at all. The volume rocker and the power button are super hard to use now. My search for a case continues

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I use an Otterbox Commuter in blue with my pebble blue gs3. It's a great case once you break in the power button. Intially it was difficult to press

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Acase Superleggera PRO dual layer in white. Very happy with it so far, looks like it'll provide great protection, and it adds just enough to the phone to make it more comfortable to hold. Slides in and out of my pocket easily too which is a huge plus!

I have the Case-Mate Peacock Creature Case on my Pebble Blue S3

I like it...makes it easier to grip and it fits well.
    eibbed0001 likes this.

I'm a case crazy person.... I have the seidio surface in blue and just bought the incipio double cover in white . Looks nice on my white s 3 but I'm still not satisfied so this week I ordered an iface case in yellow and a case mate tough black and pink. I need something safe yet girly!

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I went with the pebble flip cover. So many negative reviews on it but I absolutely love it. I could see how it can/will get damaged however I think the people giving it negative reviews really need a different style case (like otterbox). I think its a very cool design and looks great with minimal bulk. Many complain about it since it doesn't have a magnet but it seems to tend to want to stay shut anyway.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Official Nexus case

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I almost bought an otterbox, but I am hesitant because I will probably buy an extended battery... but I want a great case to deal with the larger battery.

I use the OEM Samsung thin case, the one that comes in a 2 pack. Love it, super thin and nice texture. I've never dropped a phone, so I just needed scratch protection and it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by xderiwx View Post
    Have been really enjoying the Rearth Ringke Slim-Lite.
    Had that for my GNex... loved it! Think I am going to get it for this too.

ROM
    CM10

My green/blue Otterbox Commuter came in the mail yesterday. At first I didn't like how slippery it was and how hard it was to push in the buttons. It took about 10 minutes to get over that.

Just got a case mate tough case in the mail along with an iface case. Tough fits like a glove, much more smug than the dbl cover from incipio. Sure wish there were more than 2 color options, I got the black/ pink. Wanted to love the iface case! Phone doesn't fit in it at all, its like the inside bottom is not grooved out enough for it, which caused the charging cord to not be able to hook up while in the case. I had to push the power button with both hands to get it to work. But the look and feel are great! Form fitting in the hand and a good grip on the edges. Alas, ill be returning that to Amazon and keeping an eye out for more color choices from case mate.

Global Posts
    6,908 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Quote Originally Posted by bryann22 View Post
    Otterbox defender....ebay $4.95

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    That's a pretty good deal, and was eyeing that up myself. Thanks for the tip!

I'm debating a screen protector though, I like the raw glass feel. I never put a screen protector on my TouchPad (going on 15 months) or my Pre3(about 6 months), and they both held up ok. I think I may go the screen protector route this time though.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel

I bought the Navy Blue Incipio Double Cover case from Verizon when I bought my phone. I also bought the other box defender and ended up sending that one back because it was just to large for me and made it difficult to use. It was a great case though. I really like the Incipio but have been considering getting a much thinner case.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Man I can't decide. I returned the flip cover because I felt like it was too expensive for what you get. I tried the incipio double cover from verizon. That case was pretty nice but again I felt like it was over priced. After using the phone naked for a while (amazing) I decided to give the Otterbox Defender a try. Went to the store and got one last night. Thoughts so far are that I hate it. Initially I liked the feel as it felt improved over the previous defender cases I have owned. The silicon feels harder as opposed to soft so you can actually pocket the thing without it snagging. The main problem with the defender series still stands and that is the screen protector. I am surprised they haven't made any improvements with it. The screen protector, as some have said in reviews, is a deal breaker with this case. It is basically the same as the others in that the screen is distorted, it doesn't fit 100% on the screen so there is movement between the protector and the phone itself, and it still gets dust under between the protector and screen.

I may keep it as I intend to keep this phone for a very long time. I am constantly torn with the defender case as I rely on my phone a lot and I would not be happy if something happened to it. With that said I have ordered the shell/holster and SGP ultra screen protectors. I think this combo might be the winner as far as price and durability. Still ashamed of the otterbox screen protector, what a let down.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

I received my vaja agenda case today

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Verizon Shell holster combo with kick stand. Both the wife and I got the same thing (she got a Stellar). Got it with a combo deal at the local store. We both like the way it works for us.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast