Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: what kind of case are you all using?

Quote Originally Posted by BDain View Post
    I bought a Otter Box Commuter from Amazon, it was $21 with free shipping. Case came in 4 business days.

Case offers great protection (comes with screen protector) and doesn't make the phone to big to put in your pocket.
    Same here love it, phone feels really safe, looks like mil-spec protection but not to much extra bulk. Only complaint is price and power key is much harder to press. Also love that it protects the headphone and mini-usb ports.

Global Posts
    6,684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

No case really,,,, I do have an back cover but really offers no protection if dropped,just a scratch protector and for looks.
    I am keeping this phone thin

I think I am going with the Sedio Active case. Solid reviews on Amazon.
    Looking for some Android knowledge...

I am using the Trident Kraken A.M.S.. It is beefy so it does add some weight and size but I think its a fair trade for the protection. Does cost a little more than the average case as well but I was OK with that.

How slick is the back of that Kraken case? I want a rubbery feel.

This is what I'm using. $25 for both at a Verizon reseller. Hate corporate stores.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails what kind of case are you all using?-uploadfromtaptalk1348958387464.jpg   what kind of case are you all using?-uploadfromtaptalk1348958399381.jpg   what kind of case are you all using?-uploadfromtaptalk1348958409451.jpg  

I've been using Seidio Active cases for awhile now, had one on my Thunderbolt for both the regular and extended battery. Picked one up for S3 now. Sam nice quality, good fit, almost no extra bulk, good protection. It's a little slippery at first until you break it in a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Albonobo View Post
    Official Nexus case

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    What is the "official nexus case" ?

I went with the Otterbox Defender. It's a very dependable choice that I have made that I have made over the past few years with the multiple phones I have owned. I do get bored easily though and will probably change it up within a month or so. I'm also a fan of Trident cases. Good stuff. Had one for my Droid X and was built like a tank.
    DGL

Everything you believed is a lie...

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I decided to send my commuter back. Ordered the defender... Didn't pay Verizons price this time. Still not sure what to do about the screen protector.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Why did you do that? What is the difference between the two?

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Commuter is nice, but I think I actually like the defender better. When I first had the defender it was more thin than I thought. The commuter is great, just think I would prefer the defender.

4G LTE Thunderbolt

On my third flip cover case. For some reason the backing just doesn't want to stay glued down.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

I'm using the iSkin Aura case in blue currently. Really sharp looking case (). I also have a Diztronic case in white, but it discolored and I have one of the Aduro case & holsters (the Aura fits in there nicely btw).

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

So got my defender in. Installed it right over top of my SPG ultra nano screen protector. Works perfect, no gap between the OB screen protector and the phone now. No oil spots either. Now if I decide to use a different case I still have the screen protector on.

Defender case is amazing. Much better than the commuter in my opinion. Much improved (minus the screen protector) over previous defender series for other phones.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

platinum black.. protects the phone. keeps it nice and slim with a belt clip! and best of all a invisishield!! ugh makes the phone feel right and protects it without sacrafacing the look!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    PAST PHONES: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Atrix 4G, HTC One X, Samsung S3, Nexus 4, Blackberry Z10, iPhone 5
    CURRENT PHONE: Motorola Moto X
    OTHER DEVICES: Nexus 7, MacBook Pro (2008), Asus Win8 Laptop, ASUS Iconia Tab, Microsoft Surface RT, Custom Desktop Win7

I had the Incipio dual layer for months, it was nice but I felt that a good drop would kill the phone. Had the Defender on the phone for 8-9 days. It's rugged and the the rubber outer layer is better than precious models. BUT I do NOT like 1) the holster - it's noisy, flimsy, and loose; 2) the hard inner case really interferes when typing and hitting the menu and back buttons.

I wish I had gotten the Sedio Active, though it's not perfect either.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixMan View Post
    I had the Incipio dual layer for months, it was nice but I felt that a good drop would kill the phone. Had the Defender on the phone for 8-9 days. It's rugged and the the rubber outer layer is better than precious models. BUT I do NOT like 1) the holster - it's noisy, flimsy, and loose; 2) the hard inner case really interferes when typing and hitting the menu and back buttons.

I wish I had gotten the Sedio Active, though it's not perfect either.

Interesting. When I first bought the defender the holster did that too. This one that I ordered from amazon, Green one, doesn't do that at all. Holster is much better. As for the screen, you could do what I did if you like the defender case like I do. Get the spigen ultra nano screen protector and put that on the phone before installing the case. It takes care of the gap between the otterbox and the screen.

4G LTE Thunderbolt

Thanks for the update on the holster, maybe I should call OB.

It's not the gap that bothers me, though I am thinking about cutting out the SP. It's the lip from the case itself; the hard plastic part that comes right to the edge of the keyboard.

Nothing that can be done about another issue I have. I feel like such a tool with the Defender in the holster clipped to my belt... Lol. A friend said yesterday that it was as big as her first phone 10+ years ago. I had to laugh.

Last edited by MatrixMan; 10-05-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts

I'm using the Spigen Valentinus great case!

I am using the Trident Aegis and love it!

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I've been considering ordering a bumper, either tpu or aluminum. I realize metal bimpers/cases reduce signal.

4G LTE Thunderbolt

Otterbox Commuter in white and gray. It fits nice and doesn't add to much bulk and offers more than enough protection for my needs. The buttons can be a little hard to line up at first but one you get the rubber part adjusted they work fine.

I go naked bc it looks so much better then a case

I just went to monoprice and bought this:

Also grabbed their matte screen protectors since I rely on antiglare. Spent a total of about $10.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast