Horizontal Desk Dock - Work Around

sikpupi#AC

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I've avoided a desk dock for the S3 thus far because they all stand the thing upright and I prefer docks that position the device horizontally so that movies are easier to view.

As a work-around, I picked up the iBolt Car Mount and suckered it into my desk - and to be honest, it's working perfectly for what I want. A photo is attached.

It's not 100% perfect since I have to plug the power cord in rather than it sliding into position, but it holds the phone firmly - and the angle is adjustable. It also has a removable insert so it can still hold a phone when inside a gel case - another win for me since I don't want to have to keep taking the case off to place in the desk dock.

Also, the clamp over the top of the phone kind of covers the 'down-volume' button so as a work-around, I press the up-volume then use the on-screen slider to adjust down. Also, the power button is on the underside of the phone in this orientation but I find that if I 'squeeze' the phone and dock, it operates the power button.

For now, I'm happy with this improvised horizontal/landscape desk dock.
IMG-20120911-00049.jpg

Hope this also works for other folks.

Cheers!

-Ray

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis