Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    988 Global Posts

Default Do you use a screen protector?

I have a screen protector on my SG3 but would love to know if the screen is strong enough to handle not getting scratched if I take it off. Do you guys use a protector? How hard, or should I say easy is it to scratch the screen?

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Default Re: Do you use a screen protector?

I've had the ones VZW sells on it since I bought it. There are numerous reports of the screen being scratched for little or no reason. It just doesn't make sense to have a $600 device without some sort of protection on the screen. It's your phone and you can do whatever you want to do with it but eventually you're going to find the screen has been damaged and probably could have been avoided.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

2 Pack s Shieldz Clear Screen Protector Shield for Samsung Galaxy s 3 I9300 | eBay

i always get this kind of protector, has never let me down.....
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    988 Global Posts

I actually just removed the protector i had from VZW after just over a week. This device is so dam beautiful naked i hate to dress it back up. Besides, the shield i had on was already getting crusty after just 10 days!

Are those shieldz the type you hardly notice theyre even on??

I had a matte screen protector on mine and it made the screen a lil grainy looking. The screen wasn't as vivid as it is naked. To get the real effect of the colors and clarity of the screen, I think you should leave it naked. It is a $600 dollar device but in a few months another one will be out and you won't even want this one anymore. I enjoy the beautiful screen naked

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    six_h likes this.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

they are a little thicker than normal screen protectors but i prefer them. if you put it on right it does look like they're even on....

Global Posts
    2,817 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

Zagg hd screen. Shows impressions easily when screen is off, but it's still crystal clear when screen is on.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Coming from someone who used to panic if my phone ever spent anytime without screen protection, I have actually been using no protector for about a week now. Feels really good, the glass. I have ordered the armorsuit from amazon after seeing it have good reviews. Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Shield and Lifetime Replacements AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, U.S. Cellular: Cell Phones & Accessories
    4G LTE Thunderbolt
    S T Hye likes this.

I use the Zagg Screen Protectors on all my Smart phones but right now I'm using the Otterbox Defender case which has a built in screen protector.
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooted
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Rooted

Fast Speed 1Gbps Fiber optic Downloads. PM For more info
    PM for Passwords and Instructions (Included the Device you need help with)
    S4 Root/Restore Files - www.247xtreme.com/S4
    S3 Root/Restore Files - www.247xtreme.com/S3

Home Internet

4G LTE

I use the Zagg extreme on mine its shock proof and shatter proof so I don't have to worry about scratched or my screen breaking.

The amazing galaxy s3

I've liked my Zagg HD. Have had it for 3 months now.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Zagg invisashield. First one lasted 6 months. The replacement went on today. $4 shipping to replace with warranty.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I use the clear protectors from Verizon along with the Otterbox Defender because it is amazing how much dust get under the Otterbox. Better safe then sorry.

I've had my phone for about 4 months without a screen protector and my screen is flawless. I've meant to get one since I got the phone but I don't feel any need at all for it

The screen on the S3 seems to be made of a different material than my other smartphones. Coming from an Evo 3D which the screen used to collect every darn fingerprint and forget about talking on the phone and it touched the side of your face. The S3 to me is a bit more resistant to fingerprints and a quick wipe and it's back to beautiful, so I don't even care to use a screen protector anymore. I just love the clarity better than when I had a screen protector on. I DO NOT put anything else in my pocket with my phone though.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Haven't had a screen protector on mine ever. I do have the Samsung flip cover on it though so the screen is pretty well protected when the phone is not in use. As makaroni said, I carry my S3 in a pocket all by itself. Not so much as piece of paper shares that pocket space.

No. Two years using a Samsung Galaxy S ( Fascinate) with no screen protector and currently this Samsung Galaxy S3 also with no screen protector. The screens on both phones still look brand new even after my 3 year old granddaughters have played with them for hours.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

I am a phone dropper, so I have to have a screen protector. I have been using Skinomi for years on various models. Just ordered one for my S3 that will arrive next week.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

I will never be without a screen protector.
    It just wouldn't make sense for me not too after spending the kind of money I spend on my phones.
    I always use xoskins screen protectors. They are like zagg hd but don't leave impressions or dent marks all over the screen.
    Screen Protector | Screen Protectors | Shield | XO Skins

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Nope! Gorilla Glass is my screen protector

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

The Puretek roll on screen protector from Puregear is nice, I've had mine for about a month and it's been great

Nope, I'm pretty careful with my phone. I use a silicone case and that's it...

Quote Originally Posted by nyry View Post
    Nope! Gorilla Glass is my screen protector

Quote Originally Posted by tonybyatt View Post
    Nope, I'm pretty careful with my phone. I use a silicone case and that's it...
    I was the same way with my Droid RAZR Maxx and the Gorilla Glass had two small micro-scratches after a month or so. Nothing noticeable unless under direct LED lighting or something but annoying either way. I kept a dedicated pocket for my phone and the scratches still appeared so lesson learned. I use a Flip Cover (OEM) and call it a day. I'd rather go naked but this is the best option for me. Granted, I have a Note II now but I'm pretty sure we have the same Gorilla Glass.

I use one on my GSIII but just as much for dirt then for scratches. I use my phone everywhere and it's gotten everything from syrup to some glue type substance on it. Would've been a pain to clean the screen but I was able to just peel it off the protector and start a new.

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

As someone who had an S3 scratch for no reason at all, I suggest getting one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast