Install stock keyboard (from Nexus) onto the S3

Mastaking

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Obviously the phone isn't out yet or rooted (for Verizon) but in two weeks when it is (out and rooted :)) Is there any way to put the stock ICS keyboard onto the S3.

The keyboard that comes on the S3 looks very similar but I can't stand it's predictive text and I just want to keep the predictive text from the Nexus.

Thanks in advance.

Mastaking

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a ton for the reply. I have actually been testing the free ICS keyboards in the market and am incredibly impressed by them. On my Nexus I couldn't tell the difference at all so I am happy.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I see the GS3 has a swype style keyboard. Not sure if it will be nice, but I might still just load up swype. Now the Keys pop on swype, so it is even better than ever!

snork

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Swype beta is infinitely better than the galaxy keyboard. For those that don't know, you can sign up on swype's website and download it right to your phone. The predictive text and auto correct was terrible, plus the lack of a comma on the main screen is REALLY annoying.

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I hated the stock keyboard on the s3. I am using swift keyboard 3 and it's great. I love it!

Sent from a sexy a** Galaxy S III

Mastaking

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I used the link above to get the files for the stock ics keyboard and it works flawlessly. I like it better than any keyboard I have ever tried. Swype is a close second. Swype gives me speed and one handed typing but stock ics gives me superior accuracy and decent speed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95