Getting Google Wallet?

fotd

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyway to get Google wallet working? The web browser method doesn't appear to work. Gives no supported device error.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Unfranchise33

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Crickets . . . . . . .

Yea, what is the status of this? I know verizon blocked it. But I hope it can be used without rooting. Come on XDA :)

Swyped from my Evo 4G using Swagged Out Stock ROM and Tapatalk.

fotd

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Lol yeah. This whole Isis wallet thing really pisses me off. I know there's probably something in the agreement we signed that allows them to do whatever they want. But it's B.S. they block us from using an open app, one that was even designed by the frigging OS maker. I think it's unfair, anti-competitive, and exactly what net neutrality should be preventing.

What if Comcast started blocking Gmail access or Netflix?

Tomab

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Google Wallet may not be important to me. However the blocking of it is, and makes me want to use it instead of whatever verizon is forcing me to use in its place. I now want Google Wallet because of Verizon's heavy handed tactics.

I'm a noob to Android.... Could rooting potentially unblock Google Wallet?

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
has anyone tried installing the apk? I have it on my gnex, cant I just back it up and install?

redstar427

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Google Wallet may not be important to me. However the blocking of it is, and makes me want to use it instead of whatever verizon is forcing me to use in its place. I now want Google Wallet because of Verizon's heavy handed tactics.

I'm a noob to Android.... Could rooting potentially unblock Google Wallet?

I got the Google Wallet apk and side loaded it onto my Verizion Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Officially, it says it is not supported, but I activated it and used it. It works fine.

fotd

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Which apk did you download? I had read somewhere that we'd need a slightly hacked apk to run it on Verizon.

And that right there worries me. No offense to anyone but do you really want to download a payment app from some random person on the internet. I shouldn't have to root, trick the play store app, or download a torrent for something so simple.

redstar427

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Which apk did you download? I had read somewhere that we'd need a slightly hacked apk to run it on Verizon.

And that right there worries me. No offense to anyone but do you really want to download a payment app from some random person on the internet. I shouldn't have to root, trick the play store app, or download a torrent for something so simple.

1st, if you are not willing to root your phone, then you get only what the carrier gives you, like it or not. I do agree, generally, that a user shouldn't have to get some of these apps or services on the side or by hacking to get them, but all the carriers seem to care only for themselves, and rarely for their customers.

2nd, for a sensitive app like Google Wallet, I would only get it from a trusted source.
In this case, I have a friend who has a Galaxy Note on AT&T, and he used Titanium Backup on his rooted phone, so he could send me the apk. I did not have to use some special version for Verizon. Verizon just removes this app before they let you have the phone. Then they add their bloatware.

3rd, when you activate Google Wallet for the first time, Google give you $10 credit so you can try this feature without risking any of your own money. :D

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
ok I just tried to open Google wallet, it automatically installed when Google restored all my apps and it says my device it not yet supported

Kyle L

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Any updates on this apk? I tried the play store and says the whole in incapability thing, tried directly on the google site and their link brought me to the play store again

ncc1701p

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Google Wallet is working fine for me. It's not easy but this method works:
Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc - xda-developers
You must use the CWM flashable zip from that link and edit the build.prop file.
You will have to redo this procedure every time you flash a new rom. I have done it several times now and it worked every time.

I've tried this about 5 times and fail each time.. Kinda sad but Sad panda will have to wait for now... Not to get too offtopic but ive tried that thread on xda and nothing :/

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams