Tether

bduncan6

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
If this is inappropriate-- please take down immediately.

Just wondering if any of the apps out there work on the stock (non-rooted) VZ SG3.

Thanks. Can't wait to get mine! :D

scbower

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried pdaNet 3.50? I don't have my s3 yet, but I have used it on two other phones. It now has a wireless wifi option with FoxFi
(and this is for non rooted phones)
If you try it out let me know how it works with the s3...
Thanks

Unfranchise33

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I heard people on sprint saying they were able to tether without rooting. I don't remember the app name. Sprint removed it from the market, but you can still get it from xda. But they were also speculating that the next software update would probable kill it. I will look for the name of it. It might work for verizon too.

Swyped from my Evo 4G using Sprint Lovers ROM and Tapatalk.

bduncan6

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
How important is it to connect via a proxy with the add-on to be as under the radar as possible?

My laptop browser is Chrome, and I have gone though Wrench>>Settings>>Advanced>>Change proxy settings and entered in the proxy and port shown on FoxFi. It seems to cut in and out or not work as well or not connect at all as it does without the proxy.

Am I going about the computer proxy setting change correctly or does it need to be done some other way? If there really is no urgent need to use the proxy, please let me know. Pretty new to all of this.

BTW, the phone is outstanding.
Thanks!

Bullfrog1337

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Obviously I have not tried it but there is a usb tethering function built in to the phone. Why did Verizon leave it in if it does not work ?

Settings>More settings>Tethering

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Obviously I have not tried it but there is a usb tethering function built in to the phone. Why did Verizon leave it in if it does not work ?

Settings>More settings>Tethering

It probably "works" but will check to see if you have a tethering plan. If you don't it will inform you that you need one.

bduncan6

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Any seasoned user care to opine on the need for using a proxy when using an app like FoxFi or at this point is running without proxy not a cause for concern?

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I have used barnacle and wifi tether in the past, how does FoxFi compare to these? I take it that it uses AP mode and has DHCP so you just need to point your PC at the hotspot and away you go? Does it let you control who is allowed to connect?

XeeN

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I have used barnacle and wifi tether in the past, how does FoxFi compare to these? I take it that it uses AP mode and has DHCP so you just need to point your PC at the hotspot and away you go? Does it let you control who is allowed to connect?

The only way I've seen you can limit connections is just by setting your wpa password and then only sharing that with people you want connected.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc