Unroot S3

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I need some help. I rooted my phone but I think cause if the root my battery life is terrible. How do I got about uprooting?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

johnatthebar

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Flashing a factory image would unroot you (I believe). Check out the sticky at the top of XDA.

That being said, simply rooting shouldn't do anything to adversely affect battery life. I'm not saying it can't possibly be related, I'm just not sure it's the most likely cause. I assume you've checked to see what applications are using your battery life? I'd think about what settings you changed or apps you've added and their timing relative to the batt issue.

Reactions: kjung7

johnatthebar

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Does running another launcher like nova drain extra battery?

It certainly shouldn't. Launchers only run one at a time, so it's not as if the stock launcher runs behind Nova. If Nova, for example, was the issue, on your battery stats screen you'd see it up near the top.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I know that rooting *shouldn't* affect battery life, but I've read several comments here and elsewhere that rooting on this phone seems to take a toll.

In another thread, there was some speculation that whatever root is being used is causing a drain.

I don't know the tech enough to make a judgment, but I thought I'd toss it out for comment.

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I know that rooting *shouldn't* affect battery life, but I've read several comments here and elsewhere that rooting on this phone seems to take a toll.

In another thread, there was some speculation that whatever root is being used is causing a drain.

I don't know the tech enough to make a judgment, but I thought I'd toss it out for comment.

That's what I've been reading here and there, but then there are other people saying g they have great battery on their rooted device. My phone is almost dead now after taking it off at 8 am. I'm pretty sure the battery life should be a little better.

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
My android system used about 23.3% of the battery, that was the highest thing I could find besides screen and phone radio

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I managed to get it down to about 17% by using fewer homescreens

Anyone else using apex launcher noticing high android system battery usage?