[Guide] Root/Unroot/Recovery/Unlock Bootloader for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535)

jesseclark

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Tried Method 2, root unsuccessful.

Tried Method 3, which I'll be honest, has sh** for directions and my phone is potentially bricked. Can you update Method 3? Like when you plug your phone into the computer? I had to reboot into ODIN mode every time I wanted to flash something. Your directions only stated that that should be done once but ODIN (stupid naming convention by the way) wouldn't recognize the device unless I rebooted.

Can I get some clarification? Maybe a way to flash back to a stock rom? I have a downloaded copy.

JettaStorm97

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Root & Recovery for the Verizon Galaxy S III (SCH-i53

Can anyone tell me if this unroot method works for 4.3? or pass me on to a link for the stock recovery?

JettaStorm97

May 10, 2010
Visit site

is the recovery built into the firmware? (newbie question I realize)
If flashed with Odin, on reboot, will it be as if the phone had completed a factory reset?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

is the recovery built into the firmware?
Yes it is.

Once you flash it you should boot into Recovery mode and clear the system cache and do a Factory Reset for good measure.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

zaiger

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site

I am using a VZW SG3 build number JSS15J.1535VRUCNC1 with a windows computer (tho I have access to linux), which mode of rooting can/should I use? Sorry if this is poor netiquitte to ask here/this way, I just don't want to brick my phone. Breaking warranty is no problem as it's a used phone. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

tsawrie

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I am trying to get back to stock so I can then load Kitkat. I watched the video on how to unroot and used the files listed. Odin runs and then give a "fail". What am I doing wrong?

cleopete

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Since the direction to root are no longer valid (specifically tried method 2) it would seem that the forum should update the instructions or delete them

hurricanedavid

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Is this still a good guide to use? I see the last message is a while back.

I have the S III model SCH-i535 using Android 4.4.2.
I've used towel root to root it, but that's all.

I'm having slowness problems and think my cache needs to be wiped (because it hasn't been ... ever). But I can't wipe it because I get the verizon message that tells you that you have something wrong with your system and that you need to take it in.

I have a little experience flashing Cyanogenmod to my Droid INcredible and a Kindle Fire HD. But I had really good guides online.

milo williamson

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

Is this still a good guide to use? I see the last message is a while back.

I have the S III model SCH-i535 using Android 4.4.2.
I've used towel root to root it, but that's all.

I'm having slowness problems and think my cache needs to be wiped (because it hasn't been ... ever). But I can't wipe it because I get the verizon message that tells you that you have something wrong with your system and that you need to take it in.

Same here, and yet today it decided to crash into the emergency firm wear after tinkinerking around with it so it will have a newer boot screen, i am tired of waiting umpteenth time for an upgrade because it is not so hard to do right off the bat.... I have towel root and done the super su both throughout dos and on google play as well, the bad app is the boot animation app, i highly advoied (mental note Milo ) using it a few other times, it will be a great day in the morning to try to fix the app problem as well

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I remember reading on another forum awhile back that mobile tech videos was able to downgrade the boot loader. Other that that, unless the sunshine app supports it, which I don't think it does, that's really the only way

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk