SD card & root explorer

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
For some reason root explorer doesn't see my external SD card. Can someone help me out? I have a 32gig card that I'd like to put to use.

S3nt from xpGalaxy S3

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yeah, this causes a lot of issues with some apps. Part of the internal storage is labeled /sdcard/ which causes all sorts of confusion. Good thing is that apps like MyBackup Pro have the option to change the default storage location.

You're a smart cookie XL. How do i get my gallery to see those pictures on my SD storage?

S3nt from xpGalaxy S3

It should automatically pick them up. Maybe try a reboot if they're not showing up?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'll have to see if that will work once I get my s3 to turn on...I've got a pretty paperweight right now. I guess it's a good thing I have my work phone(dumbphone) so I'm not left completely w/o a phone. I'm bricked right now. Accidentally flashed a wrong not made for the VZW version. I need to head to my local radio shack to buy some 100ohm resistors. Blah...

Dave4321

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Took me forevery to figure that out /mnt/extSdCard. I was trying to flsh a zip file and I couldn't do it until I put it there.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Took me forevery to figure that out /mnt/extSdCard. I was trying to flsh a zip file and I couldn't do it until I put it there.

How did you get to extSdCard while in CWM/recovery? I don't see it listed in that list to select it to flash anything from. I do see the typical things showing ,,, just no extSdcard.
Does the extSDcard have to be in a certain format for CWM to see it ? lol .

Last edited:

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
How did you get to extSdCard while in CWM/recovery? I don't see it listed in that list to select it to flash anything from. I do see the typical things showing ,,, just no extSdcard.
Does the extSDcard have to be in a certain format for CWM to see it ? lol .

You have to format your card to FAT32 in order to use CWM. See link below:

Team Epic

I used the second option in this thread to reformat my card to FAT32:

Reformat

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca