Anyone tried CM10?

Predator04

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
um read the thread? you can see people using it and what things dont and do work...
Posted Today, 06:04 AM
psufan5, on 26 July 2012 - 05:53 AM, said:
So what all doesnt work with CM10 right now? Thinking of getting this phone.

From my experience...

3G is very erratic (loses data periodically, signal jumps around, etc).. 4G is fine. Haven't tested 3G on latest build yet (7/26).
No MMS
No secured tethering (via stock tethering or apps like FoxFi). Unsecured may work?
Netflix still not working
Some other minor bugs
A few random reports of lost IMEI, though it seems rare. There is a backup/recovery method which may get it back if lost.

Otherwise...

Camera is working now
Bluetooth is working for me (though some still report issues with A2DP)
GPS is working great
Google Now and Voice Search works (previously had to make a phone call to get VS to work, but latest build seems to have fixed that - VS worked on first boot)
Jellybean goodness!

berliner5000

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I had it on my phone for a day and I really liked Jellybean but I had definite issues with the CM10 build.

Pros:
I LOVE JELLYBEAN
Google Now was awesome
Super buttery smooth

Cons:
No SWYPE keyboard
Kept losing 4G
No MMS
No tethering

I switched back to the rooted stock rom until a lot of the kinks are worked out.

Eloquence

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Give it a try if you're up for it. It may be not a daily driver for everyone, but man is it fast and smooth too.

Really can't wait until the devs get all of the kinks worked out. It's really 10x better than touchwiz... Trust me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Eloquence

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Oh, almost forgot - protip: only turn off data with the built in toggle or from settings. Otherwise you will have data drops if you use something like Juice Defender to manage data. Also, stay off of wifi, it has a hard time switching back on from that too. :D

InkedAdrenaline

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh, almost forgot - protip: only turn off data with the built in toggle or from settings. Otherwise you will have data drops if you use something like Juice Defender to manage data. Also, stay off of wifi, it has a hard time switching back on from that too. :D

They fixed the wifi, I can switch it on an off at will

Sent from my Cm10 JB Galaxy S3

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
May have to give this a try.. although I've been to lazzy to root this thing! lol, I like it so much just stock

GSIII VZW via tapatalk 2

InkedAdrenaline

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
May have to give this a try.. although I've been to lazzy to root this thing! lol, I like it so much just stock

GSIII VZW via tapatalk 2

Just remember once you are on cm10 don't use rom manager or it sends you n a boot loop and it's a pain to get out.... Ask me how I know

Tapatalk'd from my CM10 JB Galaxy S3

das7982

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know where the official cm10 thread is at?? Where can we go for up to the minute info?

InkedAdrenaline

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Go on rootzwiki. They have cm9 and cm10 threads there and also a few other rooms. I recommend beans stock stripped rom with jb animations. Runs great and somehow has a huge improvement on battery.

I tried cm10 for a day way to buggy, switched to cm9 same thing. With our bootloader its just not a dd. But with beans most of the bloatware is gone or is able to be uninstalled (I still had to disable a few things) but he's added something that helps battery and added the animations fro JB that makes everything run silky smooth. I'm loving it so far.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante