SGSIII ROMs Galore! The Flasher's Lounge.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I rooted the day after I got my SGSIII and unlocked the bootloader today. I'm now running a CM10 build and am thrilled to have an AOSP-like experience.

We have an unlocked bootloader! Where are the dedicated ROM flashers out there? Speak up!

Edit: Here's a link to the official CM10 nightlies for the Verizon SGSIII. Download the file for d2vzw for the Verizon SGSIII. Works ONLY with the unlocked bootloader.

Be sure to flash a gapps package as the proprietary Google apps are not included in CM. If you are looking to flash this, then you device has should already been rooted and unlocked so the usual warnings apply. Flash at your own risk as bad things may happen and there is a risk of breaking your phone.

If you need step-by-step instructions, take a look at the detailed OP in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2085626

CM10: http://get.cm/?device=d2vzw&type=nightly

Sent from my SGSIII

Last edited:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: ROMs Galore?

I am still waiting for a few more days, at least until I can't stand it anymore. Pretty happy with my set up at just a root and unlock one push away.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: ROMs Galore! The Flasher's Lounge.

Chatter sgs3 spinoff???? :)

Like, xcalibur to xmen, or titans and titans west? Or, avengers secret avengers? I've had a few too many maybe

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: ROMs Galore! The Flasher's Lounge.

Now you guys just need to be added to source so you get more than just ports ;).

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I may later today ,cant make my mind on which one. Hows CM10 on the s3 ? I think thats the one you flashed wasnt it ?

sent from my s3

I flashed an unofficial CM10 last night. Running well so far and as expected not everything works or is finished. So far, I've noticed that the LTE toggle doesn't work and the custom auto-brightness settings haven't been implemented. It runs smoothly and the stuff I care most about works so I'm going to stick with it. I'm really glad to be free of the cartoonish TouchWiz icons and to be running Jelly Bean.

What else are you thinking of flashing?

Sent from my Jelly Bean-equipped Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:
Reactions: davidnc

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Did people really wait for an unlocked bootloader to flash? We've had AOSP/CM9 and even CM10 for a while now.

I wouldn't blame them. Root doesn't matter, but being able to flash unsigned images, kernels, and getting serious development does.

That being said, if I owned such a demonic device I would have rooted and flashed instantaneously, for TouchWiz is a horrifying piece of software.

Reactions: NotJustAPhone

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Did people really wait for an unlocked bootloader to flash? We've had AOSP/CM9 and even CM10 for a while now.

I rooted my SGSIII right away but got busy and didn't follow the work with the kexec approach for the locked bootloader. Plus, I had my Nexus 7 distracting me. :)

Sent from my Jelly Bean-equipped Galaxy Nexus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae