[ROM] Official CM10 Nightlies on your GS3!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Seems that more and more people are having issues with the newer builds starting from M2. Very strange and very sad as well. If you want a slightly more stable build, check out my guide on listings of ROMs and look into Euroskank's CM10.

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, for some unknown reason the last 2 days have been glitch free. I'm still on M2. I haven't had anymore problems with YouTube. Almost seems like after that Nova update, that was for JB 4.1.2, everything has been running smooth again. The new Modum has been working pretty good also. Tested out the NFC share function today and it worked really good. Shared a YouTube video with a friend and it worked flawlessly. Keeping my fingers crossed. All is good. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

guitarbite747

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
What is the latest cm10 nightlies and is there an easy way to track the latest software and downloads? I'm having a few annoying bugs, such as my ear peace volume being ridiculously loud.
Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
What is the latest cm10 nightlies and is there an easy way to track the latest software and downloads? I'm having a few annoying bugs, such as my ear peace volume being ridiculously loud.
Thanks!

Latest nightly is normally the day before today so I'm guessing 10-21 or if you wait long enough 10-22.....I use cm10 downloader from the market. Also if you are into Aokp they have an app that is similar called kangerator or something

guitarbite747

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. Now will it update and save my settings or do I have to re flash it. I just started running the experimental m2

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. Now will it update and save my settings or do I have to re flash it. I just started running the experimental m2

You have to download and re flash every nightly but it is a lot easier then finding it through the browser. Also if you do a factory reset it won't save settings just keep that in mind. Dirty flashing can also create more problems. Some people know a way to save all your settings so you can implement them after a clean flash without all the trouble but I'm not sure how to do that. Hope that makes sense!

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It does thank you. Is running the built in cm10 updater dirty flashing?

No it doesn't actually put the ROM on your phone for you aka flash. All it simply does is let you download it to your SD card without going through the hassle of plugging into your computer or finding it with chrome. A dirty flash is basically wiping cache/dalvic NOT doing a factory reset then installing the rom, which in turn will save all of your settings and keep all of your apps and app data. A clean flash would be the same except you WOULD do a factory reset and it would wipe your settings and apps. Of course you can always back up your apps with titanium backup. The downsides to a dirty flash are basically that they tend to end up being quite a bit buggier.....in my opinion anyway.

guitarbite747

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Well I noticed it download but it does boot into recovery and do something right after the download completes

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I noticed it download but it does boot into recovery and do something right after the download completes

Oh wow....it never did that for me? I guess I'm not sure what its doing then

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you trying to flash a new CM using their built in app or doing in the old fashioned tried and true way of entering recovery yourself and doing it manually?

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Go to the Play Store and download goo.im its new and improved recovery called TWRP, it makes flashing in recovery a little more simple and you can get direct links to downloads from the devs.

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I dont think I was running the latest of version TWRP however, CM10 update didnt work with it. I switched to CWM and that worked perfectly.

All you have to do is go into settings/about phone/Cm Updates, download the latest update or a previous one, reboot phone into recovery (TWRP) and find file and flash.

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Or you can use the goo.im app and navigate to cm10 updates for your device and download the update and install through twrp that way.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon