Any chance of MIUI hitting VZW's S3?

drjohnson89

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
As the title says, I was wondering if there is any news of MIUI coming to Verizon's version of the S3? I have seen one or two developers over at XDA who have gotten it on other carriers, but don't intend on bringing it to verizon at the moment. If anyone here is working on that and I simply haven't found it yet, please let me know, as I absolutely love MIUI. I had the charge for a year and was without MIUI, and would be pumped to have that on my S3. Thanks!

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I would think so. Now that we have complete access to this phone I imagine we'll see a proper JB powered port within the next 4 months.

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the phone will see MIUI. However, the biggest concern here is that on the Galaxy Nexus there were issues getting a solid build of MIUI up. There were serious issues of response lag and unless they just recently sorted that out I don't think they made much headway with it. We might not see a solid MIUI build for a while.

drjohnson89

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the input! I've been keeping my eye on the link posted. It looks like they are coming along rather nicely, with some of the more glaring issues being resolved already (i.e. data working etc). Hopefully we will see MIUI soon, as I was never happier with an android phone than when I had that!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the phone will see MIUI. However, the biggest concern here is that on the Galaxy Nexus there were issues getting a solid build of MIUI up. There were serious issues of response lag and unless they just recently sorted that out I don't think they made much headway with it. We might not see a solid MIUI build for a while.

You'll prolly need all of that ram in order to just use the launcher :).

Just sayin'...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781