Flashing CM9 on unlocked gs3 question

tayswg20

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a quick and hopefully simple question. When the bootloader was still locked on the s3 I was able to flash CM9 with Kexec. Now that its unlocked I can't find any CM9 ROMS for it. Do they not exist? I'm assuming that flashing the "old" kexec CM9 will mess something up pretty badly, but I could be wrong. The reason I'm wondering is because I'm running CM10 right now and it just doesn't seem "ready" yet. So I'm hoping that CM9 would be more stable, but I could also be wrong about that lol. lf CM9 isn't possible for now then I'll just re-flash one of the many, great TW ROMS and wait a bit for the JB ROMS to mature.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
assuming you still have a kexec compatible recovery, there isn't any harm in flashing kexec based roms even with an unlocked bootloader.

Reactions: tayswg20

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The guys over at CM announced that they are slowing down builds of CM9 and focusing their work on CM10. This probably means that you won't see a version of CM9 for the unlocked bootloader unless someone kangs it.

You can still flash with the kexec bootloader method no problems, but I would say give CM10 a try again. It may be lacking certain features at the moment but they are coming fast. If you want a good TW ROM for all the features, look into CleanROM.

Reactions: tayswg20

tayswg20

May 10, 2011
Visit site
The guys over at CM announced that they are slowing down builds of CM9 and focusing their work on CM10. This probably means that you won't see a version of CM9 for the unlocked bootloader unless someone kangs it.

You can still flash with the kexec bootloader method no problems, but I would say give CM10 a try again. It may be lacking certain features at the moment but they are coming fast. If you want a good TW ROM for all the features, look into CleanROM.

Thanks for the info. I thought maybe that was the case since most people want the latest OS. Usually I do as well but what finally made me switch back to Beans was the call echo issue. When that gets totally fixed then I'll try AOSP again. I did try Clean ROM when it was at 1.0, but I keep going back to Beans. Maybe tonight I'll try the new version of CR. I've also been wanting to try clean kernel but I've always been a fan of Imo's lk, ever since I had my tbolt.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I thought maybe that was the case since most people want the latest OS. Usually I do as well but what finally made me switch back to Beans was the call echo issue. When that gets totally fixed then I'll try AOSP again. I did try Clean ROM when it was at 1.0, but I keep going back to Beans. Maybe tonight I'll try the new version of CR. I've also been wanting to try clean kernel but I've always been a fan of Imo's lk, ever since I had my tbolt.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Well Clean kernel is out ;).