Trouble getting Synergy updates - bad hosting source

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It looks like Synergy changed the hosting of its update files. They're now at: http://beta.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=660 that refers to today's update at: Synergy_d2vzw_08Sep12_0416_r73_s.zip .:: | by Team_Synergy for Galaxy S3

Ever since they changed them, I can't get them. I get an error message talking about activating javascript and some stupid promise that they're "probably not doing anything nefarious. maybe. no promises though" as they write. The problem is that I already have java installed and working on my computer.

Is anyone else having problems with Synergy's new hosting link? I like their ROM just fine, but if this new BS keeps up I'm going to have to a different ROM. It has nothing to do with the ROM, but if I can't get it updated just because of thier choice of hosting sites, what good does it do?

If anyone has a different working link for thier ROM updates, that would help. The old link just refers to the new one given above, so if there's another source that would work it would be great.

Thanks!

Last edited:

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out on my own after a day. I can't use the computer to download the file any more. I just send myself the link to page containing the nightly update I want with the download arrow option, open the page with the phone's browser and then click on the download arrow from the phone. It downloads the file to the S3 and I go from there.

I just wonder why I can't use the computer anymore. It really doesn't matter, but it confirms to me that change for the sake of change isn't always the best thing. Sometimes the old ways work the best and should be left alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech