Random rooting?

markespo55

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
My phone has been getting a little too warm lately. I was wondering if I root my device would it stop doing so because my kernel will be different along with all the performance tweaks roms have.
If not then I may just return my device and root with one that doesn't reach 115. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My phone has been getting a little too warm lately. I was wondering if I root my device would it stop doing so because my kernel will be different along with all the performance tweaks roms have.
If not then I may just return my device and root with one that doesn't reach 115. Thanks guys.

This isn't a simple yes or no answer really. Your phone could be getting hot for many different reason and your kernel could be one but there have been many complaints about the phone getting too hot for most people on the stock build. I would try rooting it and unlocking it since it is very simple now a days. Once you do that then you can flash a kernel (follow my flashing guide to ensure you do it properly) and see if that helps your problem. Don't take my word for it that it will work right off the bat, you may be overheating because of other problems. Mine had an issue overheating when going in and out constantly of poor service areas.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Simply rooting your device will do nothing. Unlocking the bootloader then flashing CleanKernel and underclocking your device could work, but it's not guaranteed.

If it's that bad than just return your device for a new one. You should still be under the manufacturer's warranty.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

markespo55

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's pretty crazy. It hit 130 today. Thanks for the advice guys.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347221183760.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347221183760.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 29

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's pretty crazy. It hit 130 today. Thanks for the advice guys.

If your phone is getting that hot, leads me to believe its a hardware problem and not a software problem. Get a replacement, but if you want to try and root it first and install a new kernel or something like that hopefully sort it out no harm done.

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
May not be the kernal. I was running an undervolted kernal and my phone randomly (after 4 days of it acting fine) overheated beyond belief. Just be careful, not all kernals mix well with all roms especially if you flash an jelly bean roms.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
May not be the kernal. I was running an undervolted kernal and my phone randomly (after 4 days of it acting fine) overheated beyond belief. Just be careful, not all kernals mix well with all roms especially if you flash an jelly bean roms.

Exactly, I would say that you are better off getting a replacement from Verizon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes