Weird issue with rooted Galaxy S3--suddenly getting a Samsung "custom unlock" screen on boot

Defcon One

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Weird issue with rooted Galaxy S3--suddenly getting a Samsung "custom unlock" screen on boot

I rooted my Galaxy S3 by the method shown here

[ROOT][TOOL][2012-07-24] GS3DebugFSRoot: Root the Verizon GSIII without flashing - xda-developers

right after recieving the recent OTA update. Downloaded Titanium Backup, froze a bunch of bloatware.

Everything was fine for a couple of days. This morning, I charged my phone. When I booted it back up after charging, I got a screen with Samsung, a picture of an unlocked lock, and the word Custom under it.

Is this a problem? After this showed for a second or two, the phone booted up as normal. Should I be concerned about this? Should I flash the phone back to stock, and if so what is the easiest way to do so?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Weird issue with rooted Galaxy S3--suddenly getting a Samsung "custom unlock" screen on boot

[ROOT][TOOL][2012-07-24] GS3DebugFSRoot: Root the Verizon GSIII without flashing - xda-developers

right after recieving the recent OTA update. Downloaded Titanium Backup, froze a bunch of bloatware.

Everything was fine for a couple of days. This morning, I charged my phone. When I booted it back up after charging, I got a screen with Samsung, a picture of an unlocked lock, and the word Custom under it.

Is this a problem? After this showed for a second or two, the phone booted up as normal. Should I be concerned about this? Should I flash the phone back to stock, and if so what is the easiest way to do so?

No its not a problem, just means that you have a Custom Recovery installed on your device. You should be worried if you ever get a yellow triangle on boot up.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Weird issue with rooted Galaxy S3--suddenly getting a Samsung "custom unlock" screen on boot

I had the same thing happen about a month ago and I wasn't even rooted. It is a known issue, nothing to worry about.