[ROM] AOKP Jelly Bean for Verizon GS3

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Used the "three button combo" to get into recovery and did a factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, fix permissions, etc. Fixed the issue. And I totally understand that this OS is still in "nightly" form so there will be bugs. I just didn't want to have a vegetable phone =p lol. Thanks again for all of your help!

Yea I know all too well! Glad you got it worked out....I recommend trying CM10 M1 if you are looking for something a bit more stable.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have no stability issues what so ever with B3. Honestly I am finding that it is the same if not more stable than M1. I had random reboots on M1 and I used the same procedure for flashing as I did B3.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have no stability issues what so ever with B3. Honestly I am finding that it is the same if not more stable than M1. I had random reboots on M1 and I used the same procedure for flashing as I did B3.

Yea I guess I forgot B3 was out I was thinking about build 2...good point

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea I guess I forgot B3 was out I was thinking about build 2...good point

B3 has its own issues but it has been extremely solid. I am very impressed and happy with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
B2 vs B3... thoughts? I had read somewhere that B2 was a little more stable as of now, but I'm willing to try anything once... lol

I have not tried B2 but I have heard bugs are in both. I was skeptical to flash AOKP for a while since I heard many had issues with flashing AOKP and getting massive issues. I am sure B2 was fine but at that time I was on a CM kick.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
B3 is running well on my phone so far. Custom ringtones are broken on b2, so if that's important to you, b3 is worth trying.

Sent from my SGSIII

oper8or

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
One minor issue I have had pop up is with using the phone in my Infuse 4g cardock. With this ROM only, I have to plug the audio out cable directly into the headphone jack of the phone. Any other ROM I have tried it works just fine plugging into the cardock output. If I do that with this ROM the audio from the phone comes only from the phones speaker. Like I said minor, but odd.

---------- Post Merged at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
So if I wanted to go from JB B2 to B3, what would the steps to do so look like from my current ROM? Also, I would like to try CM10 with JB, but I couldn't find any how-to's for flashing it on to my GS3 (CDMA).

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So if I wanted to go from JB B2 to B3, what would the steps to do so look like from my current ROM? Also, I would like to try CM10 with JB, but I couldn't find any how-to's for flashing it on to my GS3 (CDMA).

There is a CM10 guide here as well and I have a flashing guide that will explain all the steps needed. Check my signature, its all there my friend.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Build 4 should be up soon. The AOKP site has build 4 for a bunch of devices, including the T-Mobile SGSIII, so I'm hoping that the Verizon build will be available soon.

Sent from my SGSIII

PeterStorm

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys all dirty flash? Because I got some serious reboot lap when I did that before with cm10

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
How do I upgrade from build 3?

First, make a nandroid backup.

If you want to try a dirty flash:

1. Wipe cache.
2. Wipe dalvik.
3. Format system.
4. Flash b4 and gapps.

For a clean flash, wipe data as well.

A dirty flash may not work right, so whether you go that route is up to you. If you encounter issues, you should try a clean flash and see if that resolves your issues.

Sent from my SGSIII

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
First, make a nandroid backup.

If you want to try a dirty flash:

1. Wipe cache.
2. Wipe dalvik.
3. Format system.
4. Flash b4 and gapps.

For a clean flash, wipe data as well.

A dirty flash may not work right, so whether you go that route is up to you. If you encounter issues, you should try a clean flash and see if that resolves your issues.

Sent from my SGSIII

About to flash B4 now, going to attempt a dirty flash but last time I did a dirty flash with CM nightlies I had many bugs so hold on your buts...

When dirty flashing, I generally like to wipe cache/dalvik/system 2-3 times before flashing the ROM. Hopefully this will come in handy :).

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Just finished dirty flashing B4 and everything seems to be working fine. Data worked fine, only glitch that I have is with Goo.im app, still telling me there is an update to my ROM but thats no biggie. I did flash Lean Kernel V1 after dirty flashing and it froze on initial boot, vibrated a couple times after the screen went black and then rebooting by itself perfectly fine. Weird issue but if it works now I wont question it lol. Kernels have been wonky on this device so far...

Edit, attempted a reboot normally too see if I could recreate the issue with booting up with Lean Kernel and it did it again. I think I may have to do a clean flash. Of AOKP.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just finished dirty flashing B4 and everything seems to be working fine. Data worked fine, only glitch that I have is with Goo.im app, still telling me there is an update to my ROM but thats no biggie. I did flash Lean Kernel V1 after dirty flashing and it froze on initial boot, vibrated a couple times after the screen went black and then rebooting by itself perfectly fine. Weird issue but if it works now I wont question it lol. Kernels have been wonky on this device so far...

Edit, attempted a reboot normally too see if I could recreate the issue with booting up with Lean Kernel and it did it again. I think I may have to do a clean flash. Of AOKP.

Might have to check this build out....keep me posted on the kernel issue.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Might have to check this build out....keep me posted on the kernel issue.

Clean flash seems to have fixed the issue that I was having with booting up after flashing Lean Kernel. Now to set everything back up lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Flashed kernel, finished setting everything up and rebooted. Everything seemed to have worked fine. 4G connected right away, no issues with IMEI numbers and the ROM is pretty quick too. B3 was quick but I was noticed the graphic lag where you had to check Disable HW Overlay in Dev options but so far have not had that issue yet on B4. Will report when using it more through the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool