Root Fail

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
If anyone can help that would be great:

Downloaded odin - unzip opened odin
Put phone into download mode - held side home and volume - then hit up to get to download - connected usb
Downloaded the root file loaded it into odin via the pda option - left auto reboot checked
Clicked start - see picture you can see the prompts that I get in the odin status box.
Using my past knowledge of rooting I have tried with the battery in and out in many different combo's - but it keeps failing.

Any thoughts - I hope to get the phone rooted and toss the omega rom on the phone - any other stable basic rom recommendations once I get this to work.

Attachments

• sgs3 root fail.png
    sgs3 root fail.png
    956.4 KB · Views: 25

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Reboot PC, try a different USB cable. Could also be a bad download.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I looked through those links and there are no clear directions or im slow.....

---------- Post Merged at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Now i think i got it but the files seem really small....?

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
so last night I messed around and worked through several different threads between xda and adroid central got my gs3 rooted. - Let the omega rom download overnight on my phone.

This morning I flashed the rom on the way to work - cleared dalvikk/data and now I think I am bricked.

Phone wont power on - battery pull wont work - any ideas?

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Um I'm pretty sure that Omega rom is for the International S3 not Verizon's S3. So your best bet would be to head over to XDA and see if any of the Unbrick threads can help. Can you get it into Odin mode at all?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes