Need to restore Verizon Stock Bloatware

connerflnn

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
So being the dumbass that I am I went ahead and deleted all of Verizon's stock bloatware except for "Mobile Hotspot, My Verizon Mobile, and Voicemail" using Titanium Backup. Could anyone tell me where I can find the apk's of Verizon's stock bloatware, or could someone even upload the files from their phone for me to download them so I can restore them. Thanks

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yup, if you deleted the files and didn't freeze/move them you are going to need to reflash the stock image to get them back.

connerflnn

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way for me to back up everything I have on the phone now, flash the stock rom, and then restore my old files such as music, apps, pictures, and stuff like that

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Titanium backup for apps and app data. A factory reset won't affect your music or pictures.

This. Although you will lose anything on your internal memory. I suggest you Instant Upload sync all your photos/videos to Google+.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I think this thread bears asking the question, "why do you need to restore it?".

I realize you may have a legitimate reason, but there's also a good chance that there's an easier way to accomplish whatever it is you're trying to do?

connerflnn

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Well Verizon put out an update a couple weeks ago, just a minor update not sure what for, but it won't update, I looked up the error it was giving me and found that I need to reload the bloatware

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Well Verizon put out an update a couple weeks ago, just a minor update not sure what for, but it won't update, I looked up the error it was giving me and found that I need to reload the bloatware

Why would you want to update to the new firmware? Biggest differences with these releases are the new radios which can be flashed without having to worry about OTA updates. The minor bug fixes usually are no issue if you flash a custom ROM such as Synergy or CleanROM if you like TouchWiz.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Why would you want to update to the new firmware? Biggest differences with these releases are the new radios which can be flashed without having to worry about OTA updates. The minor bug fixes usually are no issue if you flash a custom ROM such as Synergy or CleanROM if you like TouchWiz.

Once you root -- do NOT install "official" updates!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2